Page 476 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 456466471472473474475476477478479480481486496 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The post-movie characters who do appear in the comics only do so when the story jumps to the future world of 2006-08, and when characters from that future travel back to present day 1986-87. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey.
    That's UK material though.

He's getting US Classics, so that's irrelevant.

You also should have stated that you were talking about the UK material here, because the 'answer' you gave is misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    That's UK material though.

He's getting US Classics, so that's irrelevant.

You also should have stated that you were talking about the UK material here, because the 'answer' you gave is misleading.
    It's also incorrect (since plenty of post-movie characters are around in both the past and 'present day' eighties of both the UK and US comics). In the US comics there is a character who travels from the future (from 2009 to 1990 though.)

Thanks for the info all.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I'm currently reading the US classics. Plan to pick up the UK issues at some point as well, so it is all useful info.

Can't believe it has taken me this long to read them. They are great fun.

Apologies for any ambiguity/irrelevance in my previous post. m(__)m

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    In the US comics there is a character who travels from the future (from 2009 to 1990 though.)
    Well, he travels from a future... whether or not that future is the future is debatable as he has crossed over into another dimensional timestream.

Default G1 Megatron

Is there a way to take G1 Megatron apart so that I could pick of the sticker that has black and red body detailing that sits bellow Megatrons chest? I can't scrap all of the sticker out as some of it is tucked further in. Does anyone have a solution?

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I love that we're talking about 'the future', when the future in question was 3 years ago.

Damn. I feel old now.

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    Is there a way to take G1 Megatron apart so that I could pick of the sticker that has black and red body detailing that sits bellow Megatrons chest? I can't scrap all of the sticker out as some of it is tucked further in. Does anyone have a solution?
    I imagine there would be dude but it'd be incredibly fiddly and a great deal of patience would be required; I myself have never performed such an operation on said figure, though a great many of the stickers on my own figure have been poorly applied and greatly misaligned in places so I may just be taking a similar trip down this road too - Do let us know how you go though.

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    Yeah there is. The chest / barrel piece just snaps off as there is a clip holding it in place. Inside there are two small screws that when removed the whole chest / waist piece (everything above the grey trigger piece) comes off.

The reason why it all comes apart is because it was the housing for the spring mechanism which was removed for the Australian release of the toy.

I've performed this operation with success after I had to replace Megs entire chest.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yeah there is. The chest / barrel piece just snaps off as there is a clip holding it in place. Inside there are two small screws that when removed the whole chest / waist piece (everything above the grey trigger piece) comes off.

The reason why it all comes apart is because it was the housing for the spring mechanism which was removed for the Australian release of the toy.

I've performed this operation with success after I had to replace Megs entire chest.
    You're a champion dude!
    I knew someone would had to of done this at some point.

Beneath Rumble/Frenzy's heads on the g1 figures, are they supposed to have a small circular piece of plastic that attaches to the spring, because on mine it's missing and I was wondering if that was normal?