Thread: Golden Lucky Draw DotM Voyager Optimus

Default Golden Lucky Draw DotM Voyager Optimus

The next Golden "Lucky Draw" figure is the Voyager Optimus & Trailer (which was released in Japan - it's different to the Deluxe Trailer released here), and a store in Singapore appears to have one to give away. Entry is to their customers who spend at least $100, until October 2012.

Perhaps there are more of them, like there was for the second movie, which saw one being given away by Myer here (as one of 88 produced - not sure where most of those other 88 went to though).

The figure looks very interesting.

Decepticon Guest

yuk

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    yuk
    These kinds of toys are pretty much like trophies, only that it's based on luck rather than merit. But they're essentially like trophies... if you win one, you just stick it on a shelf as a display piece.

They don't make very interesting play toys at all (and thus not worth buying IMO). But if you're gonna be spending money at a certain store and it gives you a prize (or chance to win a prize), then might as well go for it. Nothing to lose. Many of us did the same thing when Hasbro Australia was running the TF Prime competition. Buy toys and other TF related stuff, enter the bar codes into the web site - go in a draw to win stuff. Truth be told, I kinda prefer Hasbro's competitions -- the prizes may be regular sgtore products, but you get to win stuff that you're more likely to use and not just sit around gathering dust like a trophy! Although admittedly, unless you tell anyone, nobody's gonna know that the toy was a prize, whereas these gaudy looking things ware immediately identifiable by fans who'll point and go, "Oh cool! You won that draw prize!"

My G1 Battletrap was a competition prize (for merit too, not luck - t'was a kids' art contest) -- but NOBODY ever points at that toy and go "Ooohh!" (except for one of my friends, because it was his favourite childhood toy -- but not because he knew it was a prize). My silver chrome G1 Bluestreak on the other hand, gets attention, even though I won it by dumb luck. My Battletrap has been well played with though... my Chromestreak's almost never been played with. It's pretty much a trophy, just as this toy would be for the lucky winner who gets it.

A gallery of this toy has been posted up, showing off a whole lotta gold-coloured toy... with the weapon that came with the regular JP toy, that converts from gun to sword. (I don't think that mechtech weapon ended up being released with any Hasbro toy)
    Apparently there are/were 100 of these given away (which is quite a lot for a Lucky Draw gold toy - Primus/Rodimus was also 100 units).

the gold/brown plastic stands out pretty badly. overall, I don't get it, I suppose it looks nice in a trophy kind of way as mentioned by Goki, but otherwise, I would probalby drop it on eBay if I won it and use the proceeds to buy something else transformer related.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)