View Poll Results: BH Ultimate Predaking - worth buying?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 58.06%
  • Only if...

6 19.35%
  • No

1 3.23%
  • Not even interested

6 19.35%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Toy Review - Beast Hunters Ultimate Predaking

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Oh, please don't be like that. I meant to correct an inaccuracy, not show you up or call you out. I'm surprised it's that big but as I presently own neither toy I can't check. I'm sorry I offended you.
    I'm not wrong.

Measuring tape to the rescue!

Transmetal 2 Megatron is:
    + 43.5cm long from snout to tail
    + 35cm expanded wingspan
    + 27cm standing height (slouching neck and dragging tail)

So there you go.

Grabbed this guy last weekend. Personally the most fun I have found from it is making his head bob, mouth open and do different accents and laughs to amuse my wife (her personal favorites are vampire-voice and old-perverted-man guffaw).

I really like this figure, most impressive dragon I've gotten since Cybertron: Scourge. Getting that battery-cover off is a pain in the backside though - is a flathead better than a star? Tried with a star the other night, couldn't get it off and was too busy to try again another way.

This guy is quite underrated. He's a nice size, has a great wingspan, and looks nice in both modes. Best of all is his abundance of satisfying, clicky joints.

I'll admit the sword is a bit of a disappointment due to how difficult it is to pose him with it and how frighteningly tight it fits in his hand. Nevertheless, in the few poses he can hold, it looks quite imposing.

The rest of the figure is amazing. Solidly built, a decent heft, and just looks plain awesome both ways. I love the light up, moving-neck feature too. No, he isn't as awesome as some of the older leaders and supremes, but he's a relatively great buy and definitely my favourite toy of Predaking. Also the best dragon I have (though I do not own the BW TM2 Megatron, so this may be an uneducated judgment).

Seeing the toy on sale for $40 makes me wonder if it's worth getting so I came here. Reading the comments hasn't really convinced me, sheer size seems to be the key feature but none one that wins me over (space concerns). Is it show accurate? (Does Predaking appear in the show?). It seems really good value but not sure it's for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Seeing the toy on sale for $40 makes me wonder if it's worth getting so I came here. Reading the comments hasn't really convinced me, sheer size seems to be the key feature but none one that wins me over (space concerns). Is it show accurate? (Does Predaking appear in the show?). It seems really good value but not sure it's for me.
    I am in the same boat. would like to play with the mold and for $40 he is probably resellable for $30. I have a few other buys to take care of first so 'so-so Predaking' remains on the backburner for now. I hope i don't need to kick myself later if i miss it.

Also there is a very big new voyager mould of Predaking coming out that i am interested in seeing comparisions with.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I got this guy ages ago, I would happily grab it for $40.

Head and neck articulation relies entiely on the lever activated head extension/roar gimmick though I like how it moves and is pretty easy to activate, looking good with the light from inside.

The wing attachment points where batteries are held are a little ugly but unless your looking right at it they aren't that noticeable. The Dragon mode overall has some good poseability in the forearms(requireing some jiggling of the shoulder pads) and limited poseability in the Legs. Wings can be folded and have a ratchet bend in them towards the body allowing for multiple set ups.

Transformation is a RatchetTastic event, not to be done late at night
    The robot mode is fairly close to show model excepting that the wings don't fold away quite as much as they do in the show and the tail is never used as a sword that I recall. Lighting effect is used here as well but not as nice as the "Dragon Roar" stance of the beast mode.

The Robot mode articulation reflects that of the beast mode, with better articulation in the ankles.

As mentioned by others the biggest let down is the limp wrists for holding the sword, keeping in mind that the sword is a comparatively massive chunk of heavy plastic. Some poses are still possible but again, I can't think of a moment in the show where he used his tail as a sword.

The supplied weapons don't look anything like the show models internal forearm weapons and attach to the beast mode which also never happened in the show.

As shown by others pictures it scales well with other voyager class figures from the series.

It might be worth waiting to see what the new upscaled voyager mold turns out like but for me, for the moment this is the best representation of this mold. I just can't fit it in my Beast hunters display in Beast mode.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)