Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MISB vs MIB values

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I think MIB collecting is pretty cool. You can display it in the box and feel free to take it out and have a play if you feel like it. That's why I don't like MISB collecting. You're essentially collecting boxes, not the toys themselves. Of course, if that's what you enjoy, go ahead by all means.

I've seen a couple MIB toys around the web, they demand a bit usually. MISB goes outright crazy sometimes.
    i'm with you , i much prefer buying mib toys over misb/ loose , you can almost always assume a mib toy has been looked after. i've always assumed a mib collector takes more care of his/her figures as they obviously appreciate the fact that it holds value otherwise why keep the box?

I buy virtually all of my toys MISB/MOSC.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I buy anything. a tape over the box is not actually MISB, and unfortunately everyone seems to think so.

For me a good real MISB is a plastic factory toy wrap (clear plastic ). Of course this has not been happening due to cost.

All down to cost for me, I have bought MISB with broken parts inside and it became half price refunded.

As much as Box art is appreciated, the toy's engineering, complexity, quality, paint and fun factor is what I buy for. You can have a very nice box but a bad toy inside and it is not worth anything.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I buy anything. a tape over the box is not actually MISB, and unfortunately everyone seems to think so.
    Yeah but, that's just the way boxed toys are like. I've never seen anyone stock boxed toys without the tape anyway.

All down to cost for me, I have bought MISB with broken parts inside and it became half price refunded.
    I would immediately take that toy back for an exchange. Consumer rights ftw.

As much as Box art is appreciated, the toy's engineering, complexity, quality, paint and fun factor is what I buy for. You can have a very nice box but a bad toy inside and it is not worth anything.
    +1. A loose MP is far better than an MISB Combiner Class ROTF Devastator.

For me a good real MISB is a plastic factory toy wrap (clear plastic ). Of course this has not been happening due to cost.

What's unfortunate is you thinking an extra bit of glad wrap is going to make an item more of a MiSB product.
    If the factory issue tape is present & still applied without alteration or breakage, it's considered MiSB.
    These aren't like some model kits that don't use tape to seal their boxes. There's no need to apply another layer of plastic to seal a box that is already sealed from the factory, is there?
    Single tape has been more than sufficient enough for toys to be considered MiSB by collectors & grading services like AFA the world over, for a long, long time.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thanks for all the very helpful replies guys, I am surprised at the answers actually! I am still deciding exactly what I want to do but this thread has given me somewhere to start, cheers