Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Owning G1 and MP05 Megatron in Victoria

i <3 mexico

I should probably clarify that I do not endorse breaking the law unless you feel the need to.

I'm actually annoyed that i have heard NOTHING about these changes in the leadup to July 1st....

Megatran Guest

A segment on last night's ABC Victoria 7.30 current affairs program looked at illegal firearms (which encapsulates replica/imitation firearms) entering Australia via international post. I only saw tidbits of the segment but I think the angle of the story was that more and more criminals are using this method of obtaining illegal firearms overseas AND that Customs/Quarantine Inspectors are screening more parcels through the sorting facility.

Keep in mind that Australian Customs is a federal body, and firearm laws (including replica firearms) fall under individual state/territory jurisdictions. Hence why, for example, owning Gunformers is completely unrestricted in WA, legal w/ a permit in NSW, and completely outlawed in other places. As a permit-holding NSW resident, if I attempted to import a Gunformer it can still be intercepted and seized by Australian Customs because my permit was issued in NSW. Customs would then notify me of the seizure, and it would be then up to me to present my permit to Customs for the toy to be released to me.

I don't know so much about Victorian laws, but that's how it would work in NSW AFAIK.

do what i did to get a mp 05 megs... buy it off someone in w.a. and get them to post it to you... i received mine yesterday... He's freaking huge... and the bloody aust. gov considers him a replica? lol...

Megatran Guest

Providing advice that is/may be illegal is not condoned on this forum. People carrying out such an activity is at their own personal risk.

Legal in qld with a non replica firearms license too. That's how I got mine off of customs
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Pig's_A_King View Post
    He's freaking huge... and the bloody aust. gov considers him a replica? lol...
    It's because there are real life guns that are about the same size and approximate shape as MP Megatron. Sure, it's massively oversized for a Walther P38, but Joe or Jane Average doesn't necessarily know that! To a person who doesn't know any better, it looks like a gun. Especially if someone is threatening you with it and you're too busy being scared scrapless to closely examine the weapon for visual authenticity. There's a lunatic in my neighbourhood who was once arrested for threatening someone with a cigarette lighter shaped like a gun. It was technically too small to be that make of pistol (as recognised by another neighbour whose father is a retired cop), but it was big enough to be held by an adult hand and the woman that he pointed it at believed at the time that it was a real gun.

Just do what a friend of mine did and order it from someone in Perth. i'm in NSW, did it regular post and no hassle in the end.