Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Construct-Bots Wave 1

The smallest sets are at a perfect price to compete with the lego Hero factory, Chima and whatever future "bionicle" sized/styled lines lego release as well.

The larger sets are very overpriced, and not that much bigger in even in the packaging. They might be a harder sell.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Also, some parts are in the corner in a separate tray. One is the head, which makes sense, nice to keep it separate and semi-visible to the buyer, but also a couple of other random pieces. You'd think they're extras or spares, a bit extra for your cash for screwing around. NOPE. They're actually needed. There's absolutely NO reason why those pieces couldn't just be in the bags with the rest of the same-shaped pieces. It's strange.
    The random bits are there to show people exactly what the parts look like, as there isn't a window in these boxes, and they are a new concept... plus, it looks more interesting having that little corner there.

In case people haven't seen the pics of these on display at BotCon and SDCC, these are the first wave figures (except Optimus and Megatron, which are still on their way to me)...

The scouts look a bit anaemic in vehicle mode (especially Starscream), but the robots are very similar in size, considering the price differences between the sets.
    Probably the one thing I am most impressed with, is the way Soundwave has two jet engines that can swivel in a way to allow one to sit on the shoulder like the classic Gen1 figure.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

How come you've left off the insignias on most of them in robot mode?

I forgot to relocate them after transforming them. I didn't even notice them missing.

Ahh.

Thought it was a deliberate choice, which seemed strange to me, as those symbols are nicer than the ones we get on the regular toys.

Just out of curiosity, are the tyres rubber or plastic?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Plastic

I got Ironhide and Starscream yesterday. I agree they're very basic in build and transformation but I have noticed with the Predacons Rising theme in this line that Bulkhead and Bumblebee have lower profiles in vehicle mode.

They're fun just a bit smaller than a Hero Factory, a bit lighter in weight. I like the co-molded ball-joints but I find them a bit tight.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Worst of all Starscream's head is only 1/3 painted black. The rest is Hasbro grey. This is the type of QC that should be picked up on immediately, as mine is far from a one off case.
    I bought Starscream from BiGW today, and after ten minutes drying time with some acrylic paint, I had my Starscream looking right again. I'm no customizer, but its a relatively easy fix. There's just a smidge of pain on his faceplate but not worth the expense to buy another one. Quite a fun toy to assemble though, and definitely worth picking up.

On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!