View Poll Results: Which was your favorite G1 TV series?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • TF Season 1 (US)

5 22.73%
  • TF Season 2 (US)

13 59.09%
  • TF Season 3 (US)

1 4.55%
  • TF Season 4 (US)

0 0%
  • Headmasters (JP)

0 0%
  • Super God Masterforce (JP)

3 13.64%
  • Victory (JP)

0 0%
  • Zone (JP)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In what order do you rate the G1 cartoon TV series?

While season 2 did have some good episodes and showed characters I actually had toys of - (go grapple and dirge you good things!!) it brought just too much pain - autobot spike? A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court ? Hoist Goes Hollywood? Out of 49 episodes there are 12-13 that are just total rubbish IMO.

I ranked season 4 so highly because I found it interesting and the animation was pretty good, Prime was back and people could 'combine' with transformers. And IMO they did a pretty good job squeezing what was supposed to be a five episode season into three at relatively short notice. I could easily sit through it any day of the week.

Headmasters similar to what others have said, I really wanted to like it but it was just a struggle to watch.

As a kid the whole Skyfire/Jetfire really did my head in. Skyfire I would say when my friend brought his toys over, na hes jetfire my friend would say

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    I'm struggling through Headmasters at the moment. I love the characters but I dunno, it just feels like a chore. In saying that though I do look forward to watching Masterforce and Victory.
    On one hand, you don't actually need to finish watching The☆Headmasters to watch Masterforce and/or Victory. Each series is relatively self-contained enough that knowledge of their predecessors isn't essential (although watching Victory first does reveal and end spoiler for Masterforce ). Having said that, after you watch Masterforce and Victory, you're probably not going to want to go back and finish watching The☆Headmasters.

I personally don't mind The Headmasters so much. IMO, The Rebirth was a poor execution of what was originally a better concept, whereas The☆Headmasters was a better execution of a fairly ordinary concept. Although Sixshot has a pretty cool personal arc in The☆Headmasters.

--------------------------------------------
    *Season 3's Daniel/Wheelie are like Jar Jar Binks in Episode I, whereas in The Headmasters they're more like Jar Jar in Episode II.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Season 2
    Masterforce

I rank US season two over season one. Those were the episodes I saw most as a kid and have the most fondness for. Possibly helps that season two has a lot more episodes. It definitely helps that the cast in season two is a mix of the whole 1985 toy range (still my favourite range of characters ever).

I'd also score Season two higher for it's great multiple part episodes. Season one's Ultimate Doom is not very good, but season two gives us "Dinobot Island", "Megatron's Master Plan", "Desertion of the Dinobots", and "Key to Vector Sigma" - all great two parters, as well as the unofficial two parter Combaticon episodes.

Masterforce is terrific, but if I could have only one series, Season 2 would beat it out so I've placed it second.
    I think also Season 2 not only gave us a wider cast but a greater variety of alt-modes. In Season 1 there were Cars, Trucks, Dinosaurs and Jetfire on the Autobot side and there were Jets, Construction Vehicles, Insects and handheld objects (camera, guns, tape deck) on the other. That was still a decent bit of variety I'll grant you.

However in Season 2 suddenly we had hovercrafts, tanks, trains, space shuttles, UFO's, Flying Cars, Motorcycles, Helicopters, Fire Engines, Dune Buggy's, VTOL's, Rocket Bases etc. It made for more interesting combat and opened up a greater range of storylines. Also there was a lot more crossover with the alt-modes (the Cons now had cars and trucks and the Bots had fighter jets etc).

I think I may have to rewatch Masterforce as it seems quite a few people liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post

Season 3 as it also has cool characters but I honestly recall feeling something missing with Prime not present.
    Yeah, Rodimus just never really stepped up and inspired the fans the way Optimus did

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Poll doesn't include Scramble City.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    P.S: I did not include the animated movie and Scramble City for the fact neither was intended to be a TV series.
    ^This

Just watched the first 3 episodes of Masterforce and I have to say that I am liking what I have seen so far. I knew that it would feel different from all previous series, but it's not just the anime feel, but the tone is a lot darker too.

Now, mainly I am a Decepticon fan, and I have to say that while I loved the Headmaster characters such as Mindwipe, Skullcruncher, etc. I couldn't quite get into the Autobot Headmasters. They just seemed a little dull, even when the focus shifts to Fortress, I'm just like, blah. Yet already in Masterforce there is a sense of amazement on my behalf just seeing the Seacons and Pretenders doing their stuff, then not to mention that I have taken a liking to Metalhawk as the main Autobot so far. This will probably be a big factor into how much I will get into this series.

Only thing I'm not enjoying however is how all the old characters just disappear, and like Gok said, it's self contained. The new characters and all their flashy gimmicks are a far cry from a simple robot that turns into a car or jet, which isn't a bad thing, but it'd be great if it wasn't just an all new cast.
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Season 1 and 2 are even for me but I voted for season 2 as I am a big fan of the season 2 TFs and I liked having both season 1 and 2 characters together.

I haven been able to get into anything past TF the movie.

Season two for me has to be the best. Had a lot of my favourite episodes, Cosmic Rust, Starscream's Brigade. The introduction of the stunticons and many more.

Might just have to go rematch the series again just to make sure.