Page 89 of 154 FirstFirst ... 6979848586878889909192939499109 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Nice. Did they have any of the other new Star Wars sets?
    they had the one with the two clone troopers $20?

and two of the planet ones the star destroyer one and a red one. $15? i think

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    While I have no interest in Minecraft, it was a nice looking set, very detailed. Let us know if it was a long build or not.
    probably will take longer then it should because i wont be able to build it without the daughter

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    just got the A-wing starfighter from kmart for $35
    Sweet, been hanging out for that. Might want a Z-95 too.

Now we just need a new system-scale B-wing to finish off the new versions of the Star Wars 'alphabet'.

My awesome wife bought me jabba's palace ( k-mart clearance 129$) and hobbit bag end( target sale 99$) yesterday. very cool stuff. and she grabbed me the gandalf horse and cart lego last week also. really like jabba's palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthprimus View Post
    My awesome wife bought me jabba's palace ( k-mart clearance 129$) and hobbit bag end( target sale 99$) yesterday. very cool stuff. and she grabbed me the gandalf horse and cart lego last week also. really like jabba's palace.
    So jealous of the palace. Hopefully it doesn't retire anytime soon because I want it SOOO bad, but the price is a shocker. Is it still on sale?

yup its still on sale. Plus you can join the rancor set(75005) to the base to give it extra set height. i know big w in geelong has that puppy out at the moment for about $80 intro price.

So I made Craggers Ship (70006) today. It took me under one and a half hours, with lots of breaks, watching the cricket and taking my sweet time. For a box and set this large it should have taken far longer, something maybe closer to double that.

If you are not a fan of large pre constructed pieces, this is not a set for you. The main boat is (as I expected) one large pre finished piece. The two smaller croc boats are also premade. There are alot of larger pieces in the set, that while they look great, diminish the build enjoyment massively. On the flip side there are plenty of cool pieces in new colours, and the set is the nice olive green, rather than the brighter green it looks on the box.

As a build, this set is a fail, as a display piece it is okay (but the smaller bird sets are superior), but as a toy (especially for kids) this is FREAKING AWESOME!!! it has everything you need, good and bad characters, lots of different and awesome looking weapons, heaps of vehicles with plenty of play value. There is a jail part to capture the lions, flick missiles that flick okay and lots of story potential.

Minor annoyances:
    - No storage for weapons when the characters are driving the vehicles.
    - female Croc gets no weapon! (used a spare spear and red translucent axe head)
    - gunship weapons are too low and will fire into the back of the pilot. Another full block raise will alleviate, I have to find suitable colours first.
    - front pod (where the red windscreens are) is weakly held on to the boat frame.

Make no mistake that this is a brilliant set for kids, but loses lots of points as a display or build piece. However the crapload of teeth/claws will fall off often, even in careful play, and some parts are barely held on, so expect lots of rebuilds if the kids are a bit rougher on it. Certainly worth around $100, but not more, just does not have the finished feel of the Bird sets. Compared to owning 5/6 of the wheel sets, it is a bargain!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Cool, I've had some interest in the Chima Lego. Got my eye on the lion tank :-)

I got a feeling this Chima stuff is going to shelf warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagnar1 View Post
    I got a feeling this Chima stuff is going to shelf warm.
    Agreed. There is stacks of it. Target in the Melb CBD had pretty much a full wall of it. I think had it been released before xmass it would have been a different story though.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|