Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Old 28th March 2018, 06:50 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

You welcome to contact customs and ask. I can forward you any relevant info. I am not spending an hour on hold again to speak with them unless i know at the end that it can be done.
Old 29th March 2018, 12:15 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
You welcome to contact customs and ask. I can forward you any relevant info. I am not spending an hour on hold again to speak with them unless i know at the end that it can be done.
Send me a PM with the info; I'll try Tuesday next week.
Old 6th April 2018, 08:59 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifand View Post
he did left it with Customs, is going to be destroyed.
+ We'll see who's ready for the scrapheap.

+ Megatron doesn't yield. He conquers.

+ Why throw away your life so recklessly?

+ Humans don't deserve to live.

+ I was wondering when you would show up.

+ I'll rip out your optics.

+ NEVER!!!
Old 6th April 2018, 10:39 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

They may be isolated incidents. I had no issues getting it delivered.
Old 6th April 2018, 09:59 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Must... resist... urge... to say "I told you so" to all those people who openly dismissed the research and warnings we made about being prepared in case it happened (as it took some time after MP-5 before they started catching them as well, just not this long).
What do ya mean I told you so? Only one person out of hundreds had their toy nabbed and the research and warnings did bugger all to help them

It was a bad-luck fluke that ONE finally after all this time got held by customs, nothing more.

Follow on FB: BigAngryTrev Twitter: @BigAngryTrev and Tumblr: BigAngryTrev!

Toy Reviews: SFII Transformers, POTP Optimal & Unicronus
Articles: Sophie Monk to play Octopunch in movie?
Old 6th April 2018, 10:39 PM

I got another one this week and it arrived fine, so yeah sux
Old 7th April 2018, 10:02 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
What do ya mean I told you so? Only one person out of hundreds had their toy nabbed and the research and warnings did bugger all to help them
Well no... the research and warnings meant that he wasn't surprised when it was taken, and was already aware of his options - he just chose not to pursue those options because of the time and money involved in NSW to have it released by Customs.
If he'd been in QLD or WA, he most likely would have sent in the permit form as soon as he found out it was captured, without even needing to post here for someone to help him... and Megatron would have already been in his hands by now.

Quote:
It was a bad-luck fluke that ONE finally after all this time got held by customs, nothing more.
The "I told you so", with some humorous tongue in cheek involved, was at the assertion that MP-36 wouldn't be nabbed at all (because it doesn't look as "replica" as MP-5), and that all my work updating the info page and posting up alerts was a waste of time.
If anyone felt that my comment was an insult aimed at them, I'm sorry. That was not why I worded it in that creative way.

This may indeed be the unlucky one to be caught, or they might have only just started looking after the reissue and this was the first that we know about on this site.
If they have now been able to identify one with their random x-ray scans, catching others is now possible, IF your package is unlucky enough to be one of the random few to be scanned, and the person on that day knows what it looks like as an X-ray image in robot mode.

If I was able to get an answer from Customs or state police departments about if MP-5 definitely NOT being deemed a replica/imitation weapon, I wouldn't have bothered with the alerts.
And I wouldn't have created an info page until the first MP-36 was captured, but since the page was already there from MP-5, it was just easier to update it and give people a friendly reminder that there was a chance their MP-36 could be captured, and IF it did, this is where you find the help you need (without a delay of chasing up answers).
Old 8th April 2018, 01:13 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I didn't take any offence with anything that was said. Like Griffin mentioned i new the risks, gambled, lost and couldn't be bothered spending the time and money getting it back.
Old 9th April 2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
I didn't take any offence with anything that was said. Like Griffin mentioned i new the risks, gambled, lost and couldn't be bothered spending the time and money getting it back.
I dont think it sounded like you were whinging or complaining at all. But at least you are informing the forum to please be aware which is a good. thing.
Anyway you got your MP-36 finally which was what matters.

Happy days.
Old 4th July 2018, 06:19 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Well no... the research and warnings meant that he wasn't surprised when it was taken, and was already aware of his options - he just chose not to pursue those options because of the time and money involved in NSW to have it released by Customs.
If he'd been in QLD or WA, he most likely would have sent in the permit form as soon as he found out it was captured, without even needing to post here for someone to help him... and Megatron would have already been in his hands by now.

The "I told you so", with some humorous tongue in cheek involved, was at the assertion that MP-36 wouldn't be nabbed at all (because it doesn't look as "replica" as MP-5), and that all my work updating the info page and posting up alerts was a waste of time.
If anyone felt that my comment was an insult aimed at them, I'm sorry. That was not why I worded it in that creative way.

This may indeed be the unlucky one to be caught, or they might have only just started looking after the reissue and this was the first that we know about on this site.
If they have now been able to identify one with their random x-ray scans, catching others is now possible, IF your package is unlucky enough to be one of the random few to be scanned, and the person on that day knows what it looks like as an X-ray image in robot mode.

If I was able to get an answer from Customs or state police departments about if MP-5 definitely NOT being deemed a replica/imitation weapon, I wouldn't have bothered with the alerts.
And I wouldn't have created an info page until the first MP-36 was captured, but since the page was already there from MP-5, it was just easier to update it and give people a friendly reminder that there was a chance their MP-36 could be captured, and IF it did, this is where you find the help you need (without a delay of chasing up answers).
Has there been a case of a second one nabbed yet?

Follow on FB: BigAngryTrev Twitter: @BigAngryTrev and Tumblr: BigAngryTrev!

Toy Reviews: SFII Transformers, POTP Optimal & Unicronus
Articles: Sophie Monk to play Octopunch in movie?