Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G'Day fellow Transformer enthusiasts!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You should talk to kup. He's like Transformers toy MacGuyver - able to rebuild a junker with a paddle pop stick and paper clip! (I've seen him in action... it's an incredible sight to behold )
    Cool I look forward to hearing from other restorers.

Mabuhay and Welcome to the forum!

Well you could say that prime you got was "Cartoon Movie accurate" heheh after a battle with Megatron....

So glad my mom isn't typical - she never forced me to give any of my toys away. She just tidied them up in a box until I remember and try to find it - she would just point in my cabinet where the big box is - "have a look in there" I dumped all your stuff in there" - of course it would be followed by the sermon of " honestly you should know better than to tidy up after you play =, your old enough to do that.. blah blah blah" but her not throwing or giving away my stuff is what Im so thankful for

Well if you have parts lying around you might consider selling a few bits and pieces. You never know a couple of people here may be trying to get parts to repair their own toys. As youve said it is quite hard finding the parts. I remember when I broke my Shockwave a few months ago No matter how many superglue you put on it it just wont stick back - the plastic they used back then simply crumbles. Good thing Bruticus sold me a junker one to "harvest" the parts I needed! phew!

Do post up your collection pics please. We here love looking at other collector's/fan's collections. Big or small it doesn't matter... at all.

Are you only collecting G1s or you into any of the newer ones - Im talking about Classics/CHUGURverse ( none of that Bayverse crap heheheh)?

Hey A lot of people here collect Gi Joes too, I myself do on and off - well like you, mostly Cobra. Joes are boring, Cobra Rules!!

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Will do, I purchased a whole box of zip lock bags a while ago and organised everything into groups of like parts [once I identified them].
    I originally was only going for G1&2 TF's but currently have cybertron, RID, animated, recent movie TF's and various crossovers [star wars, Igear].
    Will let you know when I have upload them.

Here are the pics

Welcome! sounds like you had a diaclone convoy when you were a kid.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMalcolm View Post
    Here are the pics
    Cheers You definitely have a lot of patience and skill to pull this off. I wouldve just gotten a reissue heheheh
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!

2 questions dude :
    • Who's your favourite character?
    • Which is your preferred allegiance?

Also, are you a Beast Wars fan by any chance?

Sad to hear about your Mother decreeing what she did, a number of the guys and gals around here have had that happen to them but it's good to hear that you've gotten back into them and also get a real kick out of restoring them too.

Quite honourable IMO as I like to think that each individual toy has a life of it's own (Though not on the level of Toy Story, it'd be kinda cool though ) and the way I look at my own collection is that it is a sort of semi-retirement for them where they can enjoy being handled from time to time without having to be destroyed in the process.

Welcome to the board

Who's your favourite character?
    That's a tough one . . . when I was a kid, it was definitely Swoop. I remember running around screaming "Me Swoop no see nothing".
    As an adult I cannot decide which I like most [they are all great], but if I was to chose which one best represents my character then it would have to be Wrekgar [TF movie '86].
    Besides the fact that he repairs and builds from junk, there is just something about that line from the movie that just appeals to my quirky side "Yes friends act now, destroy Unicron - Kill the Grand Poobah! - Eliminate even the toughest stain!!
    Which is your preferred allegiance?
    Without a doubt -=DECEPTICON=-
    I mean lets face it the Decepticons get all the best toys, there just simply is no room in the Autobot budget.
    Also on more than one occasion both sides have lost their command structure, when that happens both sides wander around like lost sheep but only the Decepticons continue to do things [Get into brawls, get into personal sub missions, etc]
    Also, are you a Beast Wars fan by any chance?
    In short, no.
    That being said, I used to be offended by the small amount of the TF animated series I saw [I could not stand seeing OP whining about how unfair it was being in charge] but after a while I sat down and watched it fully and by the end I no longer disliked it.
    I imagine at some point I will do the same for beast wars

Beast Wars won an Emmy Award.
    Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon have won and been nominated for Razzies Awards respectively.

'nuff sed.