Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Transformers Movie toyline - Studio Series

I don't think I'll be able to pass up that leader blackout. though I'll be tempted to wait and see if they do a Masterpiece blackout.

I agree that a lot of the general fandom might be getting tired of the movie line, especially with screen characters not getting toys and lots of the 'new toys' this time being repaints. I certainly have spent less on this movie toy line. It doesn't help that a lot of it has been hard to find.

I also agree that the target market are those who were young at the time of the 2007 movie and now have incomes of their own to spend. that be smart marketing Has/Tak.

The new Leader Brawl is going to have to be impressive to entice me to 'replace' my existing leader brawl.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'm all over these.

I enjoy the movie designs and if I'm being honest, while I quite enjoyed Titans Return I've yet to see a single POTP figure that makes me even entertain then notion of a potential purchase.

Deluxe and voyager size classes are the bread and butter of my collection focus, so I'm keen to see a few of them.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

That's an unusually large amount of steps... even for Masterpiece toys.

These Movie toys are now being called "Studio Series"... which could just be another corporate term for the Retailers, but we'll see if the name shows up on the packaging.

That leader Blackout looks amazing... I am going to jump on this and put it with my Movie MP figures... Brawl as well.

I really with that ROFT Megatron was a leader as well...

its funny to me because i suggested something like this in like 2014 on TFW and the people who replied were like nah they wouldn't do something like that. Well then....

that leader blackout is a gift. really great to see an update to that model in toy form. Wouldnt mind if it gets the repaint to grindor and that adds more question of what other leader class figures shall be in the lineup

Some more leaked packaging images of some of these "Studio Series" toys - boxes for Starscream, Megatron, Optimus, and Brawl.

It's really puzzling why these leaked Chinese images of future Transformers toys, blurr out parts or show a small part of the full image... almost like it is really Hasbro leaking the images just to generate hype from the teases.
    But then, why leak the presentation images of most of the 2018 toys, including most of the POTP toys... which seemed a bit too much of an intentional leak.

More leaks of Optimus and Starscream, with Ratchet and our first look at Crowbar (looks like a remould of the TF5 Berzerker toy).

Oh I'm liking the look of that Optimus. Interested in a good voyager of movies 1-3 Optimus on par with Evasion or Knight Prime.

Some more images and details of this new movie toyline.

Optimus (number 05) in box.

And product names found from their listings on retailer computers. Some are still codenames, like recent movie toylines, so it might be a little while yet for their true identities are known.
    So far known are 19 toys across 3 size classes.

Deluxe class – “Stryker2“, Stinger, Crowbar, Ratchet (Movie 1), Jazz, Lockdown – and then some new listings – “Stryker” (different listing to Stryker2, but probably suggests two of the same character. Hello, Bumblebee), Ratchet (again, different listing. Probably Dark of the Moon style), “Bluelight“, “Mercenary“, “Sentry“.
    Voyager class – Starscream, Optimus Prime (confirmed to be the “Radar” from listings a few days ago), Megatron, Brawl, Ironhide, Starscream (separate entry, this will probably be a Revenge of the Fallen tattooed version to go with the “clean” version we’ve seen in earlier leaks).
    Leader class – Blackout and Grimlock