Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Collector Club Subscription figure samples

A blue mammoth alt mode doesn't really makes sense, but I'm liking it

With that amount of red, it looks like G1 Magnus' colour scheme with DW Magnus' head. It's too bad they didn't go with a resculpted head option like they did with Jackpot.

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    A blue mammoth alt mode doesn't really makes sense, but I'm liking it

With that amount of red, it looks like G1 Magnus' colour scheme with DW Magnus' head. It's too bad they didn't go with a resculpted head option like they did with Jackpot.
    No animal alt mode makes sense. I would like his head though.

As a last minute effort to inspire people to buy into the Subscription Scheme, FunPub have posted up two pages from the end of their Dec/Jan Magazine issue. It's from part 6 of this year's comic story, and since they have only released up too part 4 so far, they made sure it doesn't contain any spoilers.
    The Club does mention though that next year's story will be in the Mirror Universe... which I guess will help tie into the upcoming Gen1/Ehobby toys.

This chapter of their continues with the (sometimes confusing) plot-device of multiple Universes blending into each other, while a "Nexus" exists to oversee/protect/correct Universes from crossover contamination.
    This is how the Collector Club is able to have toy moulds from multiple eras, running around together.

Their news page is here, but you can view the two preview pages here and here.

You get to see a quick glimpse at Slipstream, Breakdown, Jackpot, and Circuit, as well as next year's membership toy, Depth Charge.

To be perfectly honest, that helps make the set more appealing to me.

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger on this one. Some I am pretty keen on, some I really like the idea of and a couple I don't really care about.
    but i don't know if I could part with any of them after i have received them to recover some of the cost.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    While the Ultra Mammoth artwork looks cool, I am curious to know if they will go the way of Nemesis Prime moulding or Big Convoy....
    What was wrong with Nemesis Prime? A problem with it over time, or was there something wrong within from beginning? I (almost) don't want to know, as I love mine and never had big convoy
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Oh maaaan, they're a ragtag group of misfits from different Universes going on adventures and playing Poker. That really makes me want the whole set now.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    What was wrong with Nemesis Prime? A problem with it over time, or was there something wrong within from beginning? I (almost) don't want to know, as I love mine and never had big convoy
    They went the way of a big of cheapening on the mould constrcution. Nemesis has the pieces that hold the tongfa on with just a plastic clip style part, whereas Big Convoy has a pin through that area. I think it's the same with the missled launcher parts on his legs as well.

On my Nemesis, those piece are forever falling off and it really grinds my gears. But they are sturdy on Big Convoy. It annoys me so much that it's a deal breker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    They went the way of a big of cheapening on the mould constrcution. Nemesis has the pieces that hold the tongfa on with just a plastic clip style part, whereas Big Convoy has a pin through that area. I think it's the same with the missled launcher parts on his legs as well.

On my Nemesis, those piece are forever falling off and it really grinds my gears. But they are sturdy on Big Convoy. It annoys me so much that it's a deal breker for me.
    so which design will it be for UltraMammoth?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

If hasbro had the mould altered for nemesis prime then it would be a safe bet that ultra mammoth will use the altered mould. I can't see them changing it back for this.
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second