Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Your TF collecting goals for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    1. What are your goals for 2014
    *Take mates from Swan Hill up to Melb to see TF4 in gold class, as I have for the last 3 flicks
    *Knock off a few more of my missing G1 and Generations toys

2. What is your most anticipated figure of 2014
    *Hoping to see a huge Leader-class Grimlock toy for TF4
    *MP Ultra Magnus

3. What would you like to see in the Thrilling 30 line
    *WFC: Arcee, Warpath, Slipstream, Trypticon, Ratchet, Ironhide, Silverbolt, Jetfire
    *FOC: The other 4 Dinobots
    *Generations: Dead End, G1 Combaticons & Constructicons
    Lets see how I did:

1: *Did take a mate from Swan Hill to see TF4 in Gold Class along with a Melb mate and M-Bot
    *Only got Windsweeper and Pretender Grimlock from G1. Got a helluva lot of Generations toys though, pretty much nearly every one that got released this year and a couple from previous years

2: *They did release a Leader-class TF4 Grimlock which I supsequently got, though not sure you would class him as 'huge'
    *Hopefully MP Magnus will turn up at HLJ this month

3: *None of these turned up in the Thrilling 30 line However we are getting a G1-styled Arcee (which is even better!), a leader-class G1-styled Jetfire, Dead End will come out in the Combiner Wars toyline next year and I did get the TFCC version of Slipstream

So overall not too bad for what I set out for in January

Lessee how I fared...
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Collecting whatever figures interest me that come out this year. (that's pretty much my collecting goal every year )
    Achieved.
    MP Ultra Magnus
    I've since had the pleasure of being involved w/ the Hasbro release of this figure. This toy comes out in Japan on December 27, so most of us won't receive it until January at best. Still looking forward to the local release in February though.

Generations G1 style Arcee
    Back when I posted this, I had no idea that they would do a proper G1 Arcee toy of Generations. I probably won't get mine until 2015, but I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    With all this talk of 2013 I thought I would look forward to 2014

1. Complete my G1 collection

2. It is a toss up between MP Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack, honourable mention to Warbotron

3. Headmasters and Powermasters
    So how did I go?

1. I have only 1 figure to go to complete my G1 collection, Targetmaster Cyclonus

2. Wheeljack is pretty awesome and I can't wait for Ultra Magnus.

3. Brainstorm baby!!!!

I think that I went pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    What are your goals for 2014?

I've never really thought about goals for collecting. I guess I will try to limit my spending on movie-verse toys (repeating the mantra "I DON'T need them all"), and limit spending on third party toys that are not worth the money.
    Pretty well achieved. Limited myself to on-screen characters only and none of the crappy, cheap-looking gimmick toys.

Got some great 3P stuff this year, probably topped by Fansproject Columpio, also really liked their not-Headmasters.

2. What is your most anticipated figure of 2014?

MP Ultra Magnus. Hope he doesn't break the bank!
    Quite possibly not getting this until January 2015, but still highly anticipated. Been really pleased with the other MPs I've picked up this year, especially Wheeljack. Soundwave was last year, right?

3. What would you like to see in the Thrilling 30 line?

An MP Megatron that somehow manages to: 1. be G1 accurate, 2. scale to MP-10, and 3. bypass restrictions with respect to gun laws. I hold little hope.
    Yeah, pretty sure that this ain't happening. Have ordered X-Transbot's Apollyon, hopefully also in January.

It's been a pretty good year! Managed to refine my collecting habits a little, but I suspect this will only make more room in the budget for some of the better 3P products.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    1. My main 'goal' is to be very selective with what I'm getting from the AoE line later this year, as space is at a premium and there are still a few 1:6 figures I want to get.

2. As several others have said, MP Ultra Magnus. I won't wait for a possible Hasbro version.

3. I know it's a long shot, but I still want a DotM Leader-class Megatron with his shotgun and a cloth cloak!
    1. Done. I only got 5 figures from the movie line, although the Armour Knight Optimus looks good.

2. Still stands, even though I won't get it until sometime in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    1. What are your goals for 2014?
    Going to try and get most (if not all) of the Thrilling 30 toys. Off to a good start already. Will try to be selective with AOE toys.

2. What is your most anticipated figure of 2014?
    So far Rattrap, but waiting to see what the AOE and other Generations toys might be coming up.

3. What would you like to see in the Thrilling 30?
    Gears, Huffer, Brawn, Kickback and Bombshell in the legends. A bigger Reflector, a new BW Megatron that's not a FOC Grimlock repaint.
    #1: Have got most Generations figures (although a few too many have been disappointing) and have been very selective on AOE

#2: Rattrap looks good although I've still not opened him. Over the course of the year this changed to MP Bumblebee

#3. Bombshell is coming and looks great, no Kickback yet. There's something claiming to be Gears but I'm not convinced. Same with the coming Optimus repaint as Huffer.