Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Most Ridiculous Moments in GIJoe History.

Default 10 Most Ridiculous Moments in GIJoe History.

This was done up by an American fan (Nick Nadel) with assisstance from another fan (Tim Finn).

http://www.comicsalliance.com:80/200...i-joe-history/

Some crazy stuff in there.

i love that snake eyes cross dressed...
    oh and that ice cream soldier kicks ass!!!

Hehehe I still think Snake Eyes dressed as Boy George takes the cake.

I absolutely utterly disagree with number 4. Tomax and Xamot's Stupidity Gets Four Joes Killed, "G.I. Joe" Issue #109. While yes it was stupid waste of life, it's not the sort of stupid that belongs on this list. After being forced to kill of some characters after endless fan letters. larry Hama killed them of due to misunderstanding in the most unfotunate way possible. They didn't die in some heroic last stand that glorified warfare. Their deaths were stupid and meaningless, just like what happens in a real war. That was something larry Hamma managed to impart well in the Joe comic.

the rest are all pretty stupid though.

The intro to the movie had me in stitches. Seriously, it was hilarious. Also, Patriotic with a capital P.

7. The Joes Kill Bumblebee
    +1. Though I lawled when a ticked off Superion attacked G.I. Joe in retaliation against them having killed Bumblebee. Yeah, not so tough now are yas!

I'm surprised the listed didn't include this!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    +1. Though I lawled when a ticked off Superion attacked G.I. Joe in retaliation against them having killed Bumblebee. Yeah, not so tough now are yas!

I'm surprised the listed didn't include this!
    Cobra sure showed Dirge though.

I think you mean the earlier 1993 Street Fighter figures that actualy had the GI Joe logo on them, in much the same way as Transformers Animorphs. The link you posted is of the later Street Fighter movie line which was actualy a seperate entity to GI Joe despite mould re-use. The original Joe Street fighter 2 toys are worthy of the stupid list though, my favourte slice of stupid is Guile's Sonic Boom Tank! What were they thinking.

I have GIJoe members Ryu and Chun-Li, I had forgotten that. They are the only Joes I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zed
    I think you mean the earlier 1993 Street Fighter figures that actualy had the GI Joe logo on them,
    That's the one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord
    in much the same way as Transformers Animorphs.
    Only lazier because a lot of them were repaint Joes with new heads. e.g.: Chun Li was a retooled/repaint of Scarlett, Guile was a retooled/repaint of Grunt, Ryu was a retooled/repaint of either Slice or Dice etc. As craptacular as Animorphs were, at least they were entirely new moulds!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That's the one.

Only lazier because a lot of them were repaint Joes with new heads. e.g.: Chun Li was a retooled/repaint of Scarlett, Guile was a retooled/repaint of Grunt, Ryu was a retooled/repaint of either Slice or Dice etc. As craptacular as Animorphs were, at least they were entirely new moulds!

The Gi Joe line has always been about the creative re-use and retooling of figures, its just they usualy pay attention and pull it of well. The new movie line is full of it. But changing Raodpig into Blanka etc was pushing it a little to far indeed.

I for one am gald Optimus Primal was never repainted with a human face and sold as some Animorph guy.

nothing beats "Cobra lalalala" in the Gi-joe movie