Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Angry Trev's Website - articles of interest (Non-TF)

Excerpt from Blog: Usually fan interviews on this blog consist of people who are fans of Transformers and/or yours truly. However today we are interviewing someone who I am a fan of. As the big sis of long time blog reader Maddy, this is a person whom I have had the honor of meeting once or twice, as well as conversing with online when I’ve had a few too many and want to vent about the current political issues plaguing this country. She is The Greens Councillor for Moreland, North-East Ward, Natalie Abboud.

Default Movie Review

Excerpt from Blog: In the latest cartoon show to be translated to the big screen, we have been presented with Teen Titans Go! To the Movies. The cartoon show had a very polarizing effect on fans of this particular team from the DC universe. Some fans love the off-kilter zaniness, constant 80’s references and dashes of potty humour. Other fans hated what they called a bastardization of a classic team, the childish antics and the low quality animation. Personally I have been in the first group and found the show very funny to watch on Saturday mornings with my son – even if it has left him with a penchant to constantly ‘Do the Booty Scooty’.

Excerpt from blog:

Dear Big Trev,

No vets in Melbourne know anything about hens. Except for one who is two hours away and deals with prize winning pedigrees and expects you will want to spend lots of money doing anything you can to save a crook chook.
    The online forums offer some basic advice but it’s so difficult to know what’s wrong with a sad hen.
    There seems to be a fairly common theme of ‘cull her’ amongst the more rural hen keepers.
    I don’t want to spend a mint taking a vet to the other side of the city for the best bird care in Melbourne but I’m not a ‘better just let her slowly die while I stand about not caring’ kind of chook owner.

So my question is : how do I find the happy medium between livestock and pets when it comes to my backyard hens?

Thanks, Maddy.

Default Movie Review

Excerpt from Blog: Tremors. A flick about big monster worms that come out from under the ground and eat people.

That’s what most people think of when you mention a Tremors movie. What most people don’t know is that it isn’t just the one movie – there have been 4 sequels, a prequel and even a season-long TV series!

Tremors is actually one of the few Sci-Fi series that never seems to contradict itself. There is a coherency throughout all its iterations, ranging from the evolution of the Graboids (the big underground man-eating worms) to the the individual human story arcs, even the very minor characters. Plus the movies are just damn fun!

Today we will be looking at the latest instalment in the Tremors franchise Tremors 6: A Cold Day in Hell.

Excerpt from Blog: Yesterday on our new farm I saw two native Australian creatures in conflict that I never expected to be enemies. These were in fact a Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo and a Lace Monitor. Whilst not silly enough to attack the Monitor head on, the Cockatoo did its best to ward this raider off.

Galvatran Guest

That's amazing footage. Never realised how defensive cockatoos can be. They always look so docile when foraging on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    That's amazing footage. Never realised how defensive cockatoos can be. They always look so docile when foraging on the ground.
    Wait till you see this one mate!

Excerpt from Blog:
    Yesterday I posted a short video showing a Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo trying to fend off a Monitor from it’s nest.

Well that cheeky Monitor is at it again! This time up a different tree near our chook pens and, since the chookies are inaccessible, he was after a Magpies nest of eggs.

Galvatran Guest

That's a pretty crafty Monitor. I'd assume it consumed the contents of the eggs & regurgitated the egg shells?

Thanks for sharing BTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    That's a pretty crafty Monitor. I'd assume it consumed the contents of the eggs & regurgitated the egg shells?

Thanks for sharing BTT.
    Cheers mate

Excerpt from Blog: In today's rant I'm going to offer an opinion that will fly in the face of what most people are saying on social media.

The Pamela Anderson/Scott Morrison thing has been blown WAY out of proportion and they are BOTH idiots!

Excerpt from Blog: Ask nearly any guy over the age of 30 what their favourite Christmas movie is and the answer will come back like a shot – ‘Die Hard’.

Die Hard was AWESOME!

And now, three decades after the movie’s release it’s been put into book form – an Illustrated Holiday Classic
    !