Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Robotkingdom items of interest

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusNerd View Post
    TBH I feel like there's been a step-up in their shipping prices, so it could just be that they've buried the GST component into inflated shipping estimates to cover their ar$es.
    But then they'd be charging everyone globally, would that not be a bit of a scam?

I mean nippon yassan overcharges on shipping, but has it been confirmed rk does, I thought hk shipping in general went up

I noticed their shipping seemed to be more than previously, but then I received items from them within a week of being notified they had been sent.

Maybe they've eliminated surface mail as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    I noticed their shipping seemed to be more than previously, but then I received items from them within a week of being notified they had been sent.

Their shipping costs are still the same price for Antarctica and Australia so doubt there’s a GST cost in their pricing.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post

Going from memory they have:
    Air mail
    Small packet air mail
    EMS

RK do charge higher price for shipping but they also use more padding material & labour for their parcels.

Shipping cost did go up a few years back. Not sure if has gone up again in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Going from memory they have:
    Air mail
    Small packet air mail
    EMS

RK do charge higher price for shipping but they also use more padding material & labour for their parcels.

Shipping cost did go up a few years back. Not sure if has gone up again in recent times.
    Maybe because of the stupid GST thing?

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Maybe because of the stupid GST thing?
    GST is not factored into their shipping estimates. You can see this if you play around with order quantities.

For example, putting 5 units of MP-17+ Prowl in gives a Registered Air Mail Parcel shipping cost of US$61. Bump it up to 6 units gives a shipping cost of US$66.29. The increase of ~$US5 is less than the incremental GST applicable (US$6.99 on a unit price of US$69.90) for the extra unit. That's not even allowing for the extra shipping cost given the greater weight.

My order arrived today. Exactly as it normally does prior to the GST thing. So that’s good news.

US Target Exclusive Micromaster 10 pack. http://www.robotkingdom.com/e7670as00.html

Walmart Exclusive Optimus, Megatron and Soundblaster. http://www.robotkingdom.com/catalogs...result/?q=35th

It's been many years since I bought anything from Robotkingdom. I came to this thread to ask about postage costs and see there was a bit of discussion last year.

When I have items in my cart I can get that estimate - does what they actually charge differ or is always what the estimate says?

You can always proceed to the last step which shows actual costs before committing