Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25354041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Slayer crossed with Benny Hill haha

Some people have too much time on their hands.
    Love it! Kind of reminds me of The Alternative Polka by Weird Al Yankovic who has even way more time on his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Love it! Kind of reminds me of The Alternative Polka by Weird Al Yankovic who has even way more time on his hands.
    Nice

Reminds me of this which still makes me smile (and apologies if its already been posted): Mary Poppins Sings Death Metal

Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King . The eighties were a different time for sure. I'm going to look for this album right now.

Savatage, great band. I got into em with Gutter Ballet

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King . The eighties were a different time for sure. I'm going to look for this album right now.
    Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    Nice

Reminds me of this which still makes me smile (and apologies if its already been posted): Mary Poppins Sings Death Metal
    Wow! This is so Evil Dead! Do Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell know about this?

So, I have an appreciation for heavy metal (I can see and hear and enjoy the musicality and skill involved) without being a specific or exclusive heavy metal fan. I have recently been enjoying (some of) the music of Leo Moracchioli/Frog Leap Studios. What do those of you who are metal purists think of his work? I’m curious to hear the takes of others.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I'll have to check it out if i remember to. I love my metal, but wouldn't say I'm a purist. I do have some eclectic tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I'll have to check it out if i remember to. I love my metal, but wouldn't say I'm a purist. I do have some eclectic tastes.
    Search for his name or Frog Leap Studios on YouTube. But beware: whenever I’ve done it I’ve ended up doing a deep dive.

He does a lot of metal versions of very unlikely songs - think top 40 pop, even songs like “Let It Go” from Frozen.

He’s a multi-instrumentalist and clearly talented, and his videos are genuinely funny, but I’m wondering what metal-heads think of his output. Does the subject matter lose him cred? I think his skills as a metal artist are great but how does his talent stack up against other metal musos?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Recently got Metallica's ...and Justice For All and can finally appreciate it now more than 20 years down the track. When I first heard it back in my teen years I was warned that it's very technical when compared to Ride the Lightning and I didn't heed the warning and hated it after one listen and avoided it until now.
    It doesn't sound technical when compared to stuff I listen to now.
    What do you mean by technical? It's probably my favourite Metallica album but I dunno how to play any instruments so not sure why you would need a warning for it??