Page 470 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 450460465466467468469470471472473474475480490 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Megatron is too much effort, so not bothering with him, so want to get a Roddy, Grimlock and a seeker, preferably Skywarp as I wasn't a massive fan of the Hasbro MP Starscream I had (sold it ages ago).
    Good choices. They're all the ones I have excluding Rodimus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    If you decide on TakTom Rodimus, MAKE SURE YOU GET A SECOND BATCH ONE. I CANNOT stress the importance of that!
    How can you tell the difference?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I reckon it might be worth picking up the new MP Starscream coming out end of this month. I'm holding out for Skywarp/Thundercracker repaints as well.

Since the announcement of the new MP seeker mould, the prices for the original MP seekers has dropped significantly.

and yeh I agree - Megatron is too much of a hassle. I went through the pain of acquiring one and it just ain't worth it. The MP just doesn't do Megsy any justice. His gun alt mode is alright though.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Good choices. They're all the ones I have excluding Rodimus.

How can you tell the difference?
    Most online stores will state in the listing whether or not it's the 2nd run release. However, it'd be nice to know if there are any differences on the box or figure to look out for

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I think I know someone who may be able to get you a Megatron. One of the good ones from the second batch too (no rust).
    Thanks for the offer Cat, but with all the security measures needed to own MP Megsy, it's not worth the bother.

I'm leaning towards getting the Hasbro versions of the figures mostly to save cash, but it also make Magnus all the more special!

Still would appreciate others advice/thoughts/suggestions too.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

In the resource section, should there be a thread with all the faction symbols and what they represent? I am looking up the top on the banner and trying to work out what every faction symbol is for?

Having trouble with all the non face ones

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    I reckon it might be worth picking up the new MP Starscream coming out end of this month. I'm holding out for Skywarp/Thundercracker repaints as well.

Since the announcement of the new MP seeker mould, the prices for the original MP seekers has dropped significantly.

and yeh I agree - Megatron is too much of a hassle. I went through the pain of acquiring one and it just ain't worth it. The MP just doesn't do Megsy any justice. His gun alt mode is alright though.

Most online stores will state in the listing whether or not it's the 2nd run release. However, it'd be nice to know if there are any differences on the box or figure to look out for
    There's a few tells. The upper arm construction is a good one.

There's other changes, google it as I know comparisons have been made, listing every alteration. Not all are visible.

Any good retailer will specifically list it as being a second batch piece (Ie BBTS does).

If you're getting the Hasbro version, well, this doesn't apply. They're all the same, and all fixed from the first run TakTom (but uses a different upper arm set-up than either of the TakTom ones. A lot of people don't like it. It's a complete non-issue for me, as I think it's just fine. YMMV, of course)

It's basically down to whether or not you want to spend over $150 extra just for the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    In the resource section, should there be a thread with all the faction symbols and what they represent? I am looking up the top on the banner and trying to work out what every faction symbol is for?

Check tfwiki.net, as they have a page full of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Faction_symbol

This has them all listed and pictured. Extremely comprehensive!

JINX

You owe me a coke.

Can anyone inform me as to whether the Madman issues of the G1 DVDs use the Rhino footage or not?

I have the original Madman DVDs (pre-tin box set) and yeah, they use the Rhino stuff with their stoopid added sound effects. I bought them heaps cheap from a second hand store after my entire DVD collection (including my original US Rhino G1 DVD box sets) were stolen in a burglary.