Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended shelving?

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    Unfortunately, IKEA do not provide online shopping. This from their website (Ask Anna):
    I have bought things from the Adelaide store over the phone and had it delivered to my house here in Mildura which is 4 hours away. I'm just talking about my experience. I've spoken to the Melbourne store about it too but their delivery prices are insane so I stick with Adelaide.

And when I'm on the website, I can click a product, click 'add to shopping cart' then when I click on shopping cart it shows a proceed to checkout link and starts talking about delivery.

But I think I just figured it out... I shop with IKEA Adelaide. Adelaide and Perth are separate from the east coast stores. So the Adelaide and Perth stores offer online/phone shopping but the rest of the stores do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    This is pretty much exactly what I have in mind for my prime main display cabinet in my new place. And I'm thinking Detof for my large showcase items (eg Fort Max, Scorponok, Overlord, Predaking, Unicron). Can't wait to have stuff on display at last.
    oooh congrats Paul!! we will await pics pics pics!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I'm in love. And her name is Billy. I just can't wait to get her home and put my stuff in her! Now that probably could have been worded better BUT that's the truth. Thanks for all this info, links and advice.

Billys are indeed awesome. I wish I could afford more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    They actually look perfect, just the right thing you want for your collection (at least I want a pair of these for mine). And they are indeed $150...I don't know what KS means by "problem" but I reckon that's a great price for a all glass cabinet.

That's $300 added to my budget expenditure next year.
    You've never seen the US price, have you? :3

A lot more expensive, but the 'Liatorp' from Ikea looks a lot better. Glass on 3 sides, & glass shelves. I have something very similar in black.

http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/60171065/

i use the besta cabinets from ikea with the glass shelving and looks a treat IMO

I've got 2 Ikea Detolf, think I picked them up for $99 on sale. They're already chockas.

How much are those Billy's?

Also if anyone who has children is interested in buying a Detolf but is worried about little hands getting to their collection, I found the perfect showcase locks for this unit.

Look for the CR Laurence Co Inc. 255 No-Drill Glass Lock, I got the chrome finish, comes with 2 keys and works a treat. Fits on showcases with glass on perpendicular panels.

If you email CR Laurence Co Inc. through their website you can find a supplier in your area.

I think they were only about $20 each from memory (had to get one for each cabinet!).

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    I'm in love. And her name is Billy. I just can't wait to get her home and put my stuff in her! Now that probably could have been worded better BUT that's the truth. Thanks for all this info, links and advice.
    Funny story. IKEA have a book out called Billy, all about the history of IKEA and the Billy bookcase. And Billy is actually a boy. Awkward!!

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    Funny story. IKEA have a book out called Billy, all about the history of IKEA and the Billy bookcase. And Billy is actually a boy. Awkward!!
    He'd wondered why it had that extra handle...