Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Takara's Take on Trypticon -- LG43

new pics up on TFW2005 including comic. Can't really tell though if there are any differences from the Hasbro version.

Brighter green transparent parts, very G2 like.

I think the Hasbro version looks better.
    Pretty interesting comic though. Seeing Trypticon rip out Metroplex's Transformation Cog with his teeth was vicious. Reminds me of when Galvatron did something similar to Fortress Maximus in the G1 Marvel Comics. And apparently the big red circle on Metroplex's chest is an Anti-Matter Projector which also causes Metroplex to self-destruct. Not sure what they mean about Full Tilt being Trypticon's "black box" though. I'm guessing that it might mean that he's like a secondary/back-up memory component should they need to rebuild Trypticon (perhaps to explain why Full-Tilt has become a Headmaster).

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm guessing that it might mean that he's like a secondary/back-up memory component should they need to rebuild Trypticon (perhaps to explain why Full-Tilt has become a Headmaster).
    Probably. To Trypticon, Full-Tilt is probably what Roller (and the Trailer) is to G1 Optimus Prime. Roller is literally part of Optimus Prime, and if Roller gets damaged, Optimus feels it and vice versa. I also think; at some point in the IDW continuity, Optimus' body (cab component) got destroyed, but he survived and operated through Roller until he got rebuilt. Probably Full-Tilt plays a similar role for Trypticon.

Thoughts about the toy: The bright transparent green is a nice aesthetic, but it makes the toy look... neon. I think I prefer the Hasbro version, unless the TT one has a cool extra feature that the Hasbro one doesn't. And it'd have to be a cool one!

Thoughts about the comic (even though I can't understand a word): Man! I wouldn't mind a TR Galvatron with a G1 toy-accurate deco! This is also the deco that Galvatron sported in the Marvel Comics story arc, Time Wars.

The Japanese one looks a lot more vibrant than the Hasbro one, and going of previous releases will likely have a lot more attention to detail on the paint job. That said as with previous releases the cost difference will probably deter me from the Takara one if I decide to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    The Japanese one looks a lot more vibrant than the Hasbro one, and going of previous releases will likely have a lot more attention to detail on the paint job. That said as with previous releases the cost difference will probably deter me from the Takara one if I decide to get it.
    The Japanese writing makes him go faster and adds 20% ferocity.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Thoughts about the comic (even though I can't understand a word): Man! I wouldn't mind a TR Galvatron with a G1 toy-accurate deco! This is also the deco that Galvatron sported in the Marvel Comics story arc, Time Wars.
    Galvatron was always drawn with toy-accurate colours in the Marvel Comics, not just in the Time Wars. And across multiple universes too (e.g.alternate future Earth-120185, alternative future Earth-91274* etc.)

---------------------------------------------
    *a.k.a. Galvatron II

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    The user seal is most probably a sticker sheet.
    Yup that's probably what it is, better than a certificate, worse than a Brunt/Bonus Weapon, TomyMall's MP-37 Artfire used シール "Seal" to indentify its sticker sheet, why they have to confuse matters with a "User" in front of that for Dinosaurer, anyones guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    The Japanese one looks a lot more vibrant than the Hasbro one, and going of previous releases will likely have a lot more attention to detail on the paint job.
    From the images Dinosaurer seems to be identical to Trypticon, only the Dinosaurer images have had their colour saturation values increased, much like Hasbro does with many of their on-package toy pics to make them look more vibrant (especailly bad on the RiD2001/2 boxes).
    I really hope the tampographs and paint work will be better on Dinosaurer over Trypticon, but so far the images are just too small, and too photoshopped, or too CGI Rendered, to tell. Especailly since the colours of Dinosaurer seem identical to those photos of Trypticon from the 2017 Australian Toy Fair.
    'The Spark's Willing, but the Metal's Fatigued'
    Ghost of Starscream

After looking closely at Griff's Toyfair pics and Takara's PR pic I'm not sure there is any difference between the two. There are only minor differences in the shade of the plastic and that can be explained by professional lighting on the Takara pic.

There is a long way between now and September and because of PC not taking Zippay I now have a cancelable order at HLJ so if there is no difference or a tiny difference between the two I'll cancel the Takara Trypticon and get a Hasbro one. I'm guessing it will be a Toy Sale item like Devastator and Fort Max.