Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Australian Toy & Hobby Fair Transformers

I don't think I'd realised just how big Trypticon is. He is absolutely mammoth!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Thanks griffin.

I was too quick hahaha.

Did you handle any toys?

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I don't think I'd realised just how big Trypticon is. He is absolutely mammoth!
    With it will come a mammoth price tag as well

Great photo set Griffin, good to see some inter team coop at the lunch meat as well.

I'm looking forward to the RID Warriors a lot, maybe more than the titans deluxes and voyagers.

I am keen for that leader movie megs as well.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Thanks for the photos and coverage.

Lots to take away from that... and good to know what I'll potentially need to budget for.

Did any of you get to play with trypticon? Curious how his transformation and playability is...

Thanks for sharing boss. No tiny turbo changers?

I'm really looking forward to seaspray though. He's too cute!
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I'll be able to answer questions later tonight (if I'm not too tired getting back home tonight).
    I also have some more non-Transformers photos (not a lot, and nothing from other exhibitors... but wanted to quickly post these photos up for the Star Wars fans in Melbourne, to check out this little commemorative display outside the Toyfair entrance (inside the main corridor of the Convention Centre, so it is accessible to the general public),
    It is for the 40th anniversary of Star Wars (this year), and has some props on display, plus some blurbs about the different chapters of the series during the last forty years... and some blurbs about the next two Star Wars movies, Episode 8 and the Han Solo movie.
    Plus, they have individually numbered prints of a classic Star Wars concept art poster from the 70s... limited to 1000.
    This should be there for the entire four days of the Fair, which ends Wednesday.

nice one! that star wars exhibit looks interesting too!

who were the hasbro people? pr or in the design team or anything cool? any cool tidbits from chatting or Q&A etc?

Awesome work Griffin!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    And I'm disappointed that there seems to be no more Salvage toys in the RB line - only character I'm
    missing and his toys are stupidly expensive online.
    The theme this year for Rescue Bots is the Flip Racers, and there is a Salvage included... in one of the 3-packs (you can see him on the top
    deck of the Optimus Trailer in "part 4" posting of photos.

Quote Originally Posted by dsphatlite View Post
    Did you handle any toys?
    Demonac and I were allowed to touch the toys, but with me taking photos and notes, he got to play with a lot more than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Did any of you get to play with trypticon? Curious how his transformation and playability is...
    The transformation looked to be pretty much identical to the Gen1 toy, when going from dino mode to city mode (sides fold out, legs fold open as
    two halves, and the head spins around).

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Thanks for sharing boss. No tiny turbo changers?
    The Movie Tiny Turbo Changer blind packs were in the back corner of the Movie toy section, in "part 3", next to the Legions. I didn't take a close up
    photo because it was only wave 1, which we saw at the New York toyfair.
    I didn't get time to have a play with them either...
    Surprisingly, we were there for about 40 minutes, but it felt like five after talking to several different Hasbro people, taking photos, writing down
    everything on display, and making sure we got out of the way of visiting Retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    who were the hasbro people? pr or in the design team or anything cool? any cool tidbits from chatting or Q&A etc?
    The two at the meet are Product/Marketing Managers, covering a number of Brands that includes Transformers.

The rest of the photos that I took that relate to the meet and Toyfair...

The toys at the meet that people brought in for others to play with, before the Hasbro people arrived. M-Bot brought his MOTU Transformers, and
    Chileno brought his CW Guard City.

Every few minutes we could hear helicopters outside, and on the river was a helipad that was very busy that morning.

At the Convention Centre, outside the entrance to the Toy & Hobby Fair, were a number of displays promoting some brands.

These are cardboard standees of the DC Super Girl action figures, and a green screen for people to have their photo taken with the Girls.

The inflatable monster truck was back again...

...as was the "turtle van".

A new vehicle on display, promoting the 70th anniversary of Tonka.

And then there was the very nice Star Wars display that was in my previous post... but here are close up photos of the costumes and the info on the back wall.

That's it.

Until next year.