Thread: Which (BW) toys have Batteries in them (that could leak)?

Default Which (BW) toys have Batteries in them (that could leak)?

Hey
    What Beast wars figures have a battery inside them???
    Also if i buy brand new, will there be battery acid damage and is it repairable?

thanks

Hmm which ones did have batteries? Optimal Optimus did but I don't know if it came with them. Maybe Tigerhawk and Transmetal 2 Megatron? There weren't a lot of sound and light affects in the Beast Wars toys.

The Ultra Transmetal 2s don't have battery-operated gimmicks. The only BW figure that uses batteries as far as I can recall is Optimal Optimus - but I also can't remember if it came with them or not. There are a few Beast Wars playsets that are battery operated like the Volcano Base and Niagara Base - but as far as figures are concerned I can't think of any other than OpOp.

ok thanks i guess i dont have to worry about any battery acid!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The Ultra Transmetal 2s don't have battery-operated gimmicks. The only BW figure that uses batteries as far as I can recall is Optimal Optimus - but I also can't remember if it came with them or not. There are a few Beast Wars playsets that are battery operated like the Volcano Base and Niagara Base - but as far as figures are concerned I can't think of any other than OpOp.
    Heinrad.

--Jhiaxus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhiaxus View Post
    Heinrad.
    Heinlad doesn't come with a battery installed though, so Starscream212 doesn't have to worry about a MISB one leaking acid.

I thought they used small lithium batteries in them anyway so they wouldn't cause acid leakage problems

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I thought they used small lithium batteries in them anyway so they wouldn't cause acid leakage problems
    Most Transformers batteries are capable of leaking. On our forum, Goktimus seems to have done the most thorough experiment on the topic: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...5&postcount=13

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Most Transformers batteries are capable of leaking. On our forum, Goktimus seems to have done the most thorough experiment on the topic: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...5&postcount=13
    Strangely enough, I haven't personally had the esperience of a leaking battery in a TF. I have bought vintage toys with 20+ year old batteries in them but no leak.

However I have fixed other people's toys which have suffered from battery leakage - not a pretty site as it works like a desease which expands along the metal piece into the inside of the toy causing a sort of chemical reaction on the contact stopping electric conductivity. However leakage does not mean 'throw the toy away' as its very much repairable as all you have to do is replace the corroded metal piece with a fresh conductor and away it goes.