Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones 4 thoughts [SPOILERS]

Well as mentioned above I saw it with Kup and Dirge a few days ago, and overall I liked it. It wasn't awesome but it still did its job.

The movie I think was esentialy Indy, it had all the standards like it was ticking of boxes, the chase scenes, creepy crawlys, nasty death scenes for some of the bad guys, the magic Hat, I could go on and on.

uh oh Spoilers

The two main things that bugged me were there was abit to much over the top special effects. Sure the ants were cool, and the nuclear bomb was to, but add it to the spaceship and the monkeys and the Prarie dogs and it was just to much. I don't know if this is cause they have to compete with all the new effects driven block busters or cause Lucas Just loves putting in excessivie CGI scenes but it was all to much. Indiana Jones has always had a fantasy element but usualy it was only one thing, magic Ark, or Heart Ripping Ritual master, Crystal Skull just seemed to have so many that that individualy they didn't feel as special.

I also agree the plot was unecessarily scatered, they took a simple plot and tried to twist it around and make it clever but failed. They should have left it simple, here's the Skull go return it. I mean the other movies were simple.

My last gripe is that you saw the silly alien at the end, Spielberg always shows you the damn alien, but somethings are better left to the imagination. You think he'd have learned this from Jaws 1.

Overall though still enjoyed it, it was still Indiana Jones. Not Classic Indiana Jones, modern but still Indiana. Much like the new Star Wars films are still Star Wars but not classic Star Wars.

And best of all they still used the same old unrealistic but meaty sound effect when Indy punches someone, gotta love Indy's magic punch.

well i saw it last night with some uni friends

Now listen and listen good

I was going to dress up as either a Nazi or Mutt because i have their clothes, but then i thought to myself "Nah why bother its just a local suburban cinema no one cares"

So i didnt dress up, and guess what? The Freackin paparazzi were there takin snaps, people were dressed up, 1 guy was wearing a Sean Connery rubber head!

Bloody hel!! Then i thought, im not going to buy the Indiana Jones combo-too expensive. I ended up buying something similiar and didnt get the key ring,special cup etc

And listen to this

Stupid Hoyts, this is the 2nd time its happened, They didnt show the movie from the start!!!!!!!

They missed the fraccking start!!!!!

I missed at max 3 minutes!!! I didnt get to see the Title card on the big screen because of their incompetence! The same thing happened with the Simpsons!

I hate you Hoyts!!!! YOur gonna die!!!!!

Too much CGI and Cate Blanchett Cant act for crap!!!! Shes soooo overated and shes stuck up in real life, my sis met her at some Labour Party thing

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Excellent review Roller!

Only some 10% of your review tells us your opinion of the flick while the other 90% covers the crappy cinema experience that you had...

Now this is how critics are supposed to write their reviews.

It was all good untill the aliens came to life, it was all batsh*t loco from there on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    It was all good untill the aliens came to life, it was all batsh*t loco from there on out.
    I call it the Spielberg effect, Indiana Jones and the temple of Close Encounters.

In the words of Phil Ken Sebben "Ha ha ha third kind!"

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    well i saw it last night with some uni friends
    Stupid Hoyts, this is the 2nd time its happened, They didnt show the movie from the start!!!!!!!

They missed the fraccking start!!!!!

I missed at max 3 minutes!!! I didnt get to see the Title card on the big screen because of their incompetence! The same thing happened with the Simpsons!

I hate you Hoyts!!!! YOur gonna die!!!!!
    How can they possibly not show a film from the start? That doesn't make any sense to me and you should have complained to the management. Sure the first three minutes were only some crazy college kids racing an army convoy so you weren't missing much, but if you're paying for a movie you should be shown it uncut.

I really enjoyed it!!!

Uh- that's dodgy though roller - that you didn't get to see the start :S

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

I enjoyed it. It is meant to be simple and nonsensical and fun. The hype has made it into more than the series ever was.

I don't get why the alien combined at the end. The rest I loved.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

A little to the left... a little bit more...

It had some good parts - mainly Harrison Ford . But the "action" was very dull. Overall, I didn't think it was very exciting, but had some nice character moments.

The "Tarzan" scene was laughable! The Alien was terrible! At least the FX in Transformers were better!

he shoulda used the whip more

CateBlanchettcan'tactsoyoumuststopher!stopherstoph ernowthissubliminalmessagewillselfdestruct