Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USPS Track & Confirm

Default USPS Track & Confirm

I'm waiting on a package from the USA - according to the track and confirm it was delivered yesterday but I was home all day and nothing came, there was also no "come and collect from the post office" cards. I haven't had this problem before - normally when it says it's been delivered, the item has been delivered. What's the deal? Should I call up my local post office and see if they've got it?

Hi llamatron,

I've just got my US parcel too.
    What's your status like? It should say at Foreign Delivery Unit then it will be in the process of being delivered. I just got my parcel about 30mins ago...so probably be patient. It might come tomorrow?

Label/Receipt Number: EE96 4045 239U S
    Detailed Results:
    At Foreign Delivery Unit, June 30, 2008, 10:35 pm, AUSTRALIA
    Out of Foreign Customs, June 30, 2008, 12:42 pm, AUSTRALIA
    Into Foreign Customs, June 30, 2008, 12:27 pm, AUSTRALIA
    Arrived Abroad, June 30, 2008, 12:27 pm, AUSTRALIA
    International Dispatch, June 27, 2008, 3:57 pm, O'HARE APT/CHICAGO
    Processed, June 27, 2008, 3:56 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60666
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 26, 2008
    Shipment Accepted; June 26, 2008, 8:27 am, SOMERSET, WI 54025

I had this happen to me (but it was with a different service, i forget which) .. i called up my local and they hadn't heard of the package.. then an hour later it showed up at the door. Can't hurt to try your local though!

Every time I've gotten a parcel from the USA when it says it was "delivered abroad" it literally did show up at my house then. But not this time.

Bullet Delivered Abroad, June 30, 2008, 1:45 pm, AUSTRALIA
    Bullet At Foreign Delivery Unit, June 30, 2008, 6:20 am, AUSTRALIA
    Bullet Out of Foreign Customs, June 30, 2008, 2:22 am, AUSTRALIA
    Bullet Out of Foreign Customs, June 29, 2008, 2:51 pm, AUSTRALIA
    Bullet Into Foreign Customs, June 29, 2008, 2:01 pm, AUSTRALIA
    Bullet Arrived Abroad, June 29, 2008, 2:00 pm, AUSTRALIA
    Bullet International Dispatch, June 27, 2008, 7:59 am, O'HARE APT/CHICAGO
    Bullet Processed, June 27, 2008, 7:56 am, CHICAGO, IL 60666
    Bullet Acceptance, June 26, 2008, 11:42 am, CHICAGO, IL 60626

In that case...i say call your Auspost first and then visit your local post office to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    I'm waiting on a package from the USA - according to the track and confirm it was delivered yesterday but I was home all day and nothing came, there was also no "come and collect from the post office" cards. I haven't had this problem before - normally when it says it's been delivered, the item has been delivered. What's the deal? Should I call up my local post office and see if they've got it?
    Had the same experience last year. The guy from eBay used USPS with tracking. I kept checking Australia Post's tracking everyday and one day it said "delivered" even though I was home that entire day and didn't hear any knock on my door. I called Australia Post and it was useless. The guy was robotic and kinda rude and kept saying according to the system it's been delivered to me, even though I told him how could it have been delivered when I didn't receive it. I made a formal complaint via their email system. I then made another phone call and talked to another guy, this second guy still had no clue but was more helpful and actually got someone else to call me back. Apparently Australia Post used a contractor for my parcel, and they could not record something like "in contractor's hand" in their status so they simply used "delivered" when they passed something to the contractors. The parcel arrived the next day. And they replied my email complaint after about 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    And they replied my email complaint after about 2 weeks.
    +1 to that..had the same bad experience when you're trying to get an immediate answer that takes ages to respond

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Had the same experience last year. The guy from eBay used USPS with tracking. I kept checking Australia Post's tracking everyday and one day it said "delivered" even though I was home that entire day and didn't hear any knock on my door. I called Australia Post and it was useless. The guy was robotic and kinda rude and kept saying according to the system it's been delivered to me, even though I told him how could it have been delivered when I didn't receive it. I made a formal complaint via their email system. I then made another phone call and talked to another guy, this second guy still had no clue but was more helpful and actually got someone else to call me back. Apparently Australia Post used a contractor for my parcel, and they could not record something like "in contractor's hand" in their status so they simply used "delivered" when they passed something to the contractors. The parcel arrived the next day. And they replied my email complaint after about 2 weeks.
    Hmm, this could be it. I'll have to see if it's there when I get home today.

^^^ Yep that must have been the deal because it arrived today.

I just BINed something on eBay over the weekend...

Paypal has sent me five tracking numbers... I'm not really sure wtf the seller was trying to do... I hope I get five parcels! (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister