Thread: IDW January Solicits

Default IDW January Solicits

Click me for whats coming

Spotlights are back and january sees THUNDERCRACKER get some attention
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

These look cool. I'm actually excited for the Prowl focus in ongoing #13. It always struck me as a little odd that Prowl was second in command, but never really seemed to have what it took to act if Optimus wasn't around.

Well I am officially uninterested in the Mars Attacks crossover now that I know who the writer is.

Bit sad the Spotlight is set back in the past, seems almost like an Autocracy tie in. Only sad because I really want some MtMtE based spotlights.

Speaking of which, the MtMtE #13 solicit is gold. The RiD is intriguing, makes me want the next few issues in my hands right now.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

^ Agreed, there's so much potential for a modern Spotlight on what's happening how with Thundercracker. Perhaps going forward IDW is trying to totally steer clear of Earth?

Also, not really looking forward to Ramondelli's mecha art style...

Yeah bummer on Mars Attacks. I was kind of looking forward to it due to it's left field oddity but now thinking that I know what to expect

So many Transformers comics during January. Expensive time for collecting the Transformers comics.

Mars Attacks the Transformers
    Shane McCarthy (w) • Matt Frank (a) • Ray Dillon (c)
    The weekly invasion continues: AUTOBOTS vs. DECEPTICONS vs… MARTIANS?! The invaders from Mars take advantage of the colossal Cybertronian’s conflict and begin their assault on Earth in full force. It’s Martian vs. Machine as the audacious Autobots and the devilish Decepticons begrudgingly join forces to repel the inhuman invaders and save the planet!
    (Part 4 of a 5-issue Mars Attacks comic series)
    (note the writer, from All Hail Megatron & Drift)

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #13 (offworld series)
    James Roberts (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Alex Milne, Nick Roche (c)
    SHORE LEAVE! The AUTOBOTS visit the planet Hedonia—and get a chance to put recent events behind them, ingest some energon, and relax. Everyone, that is, except SWERVE, who faces the toughest challenge of his life: in just six hours, he has to teach ULTRA MAGNUS how to have fun.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Ongoing #13 (homeworld series)
    John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a) • Andrew Griffith, Casey Coller (c)
    ON THE PROWL! It’s “no more mister nice guy,” as CYBERTRON burns and one AUTOBOT is all that stand between order and anarchy. Meet the new PROWL—deadlier than ever, colder then any other AUTOBOT, and ready to end the DECEPTICON threat—forever.

Transformers: Regeneration One #87
    Simon Furman (w) • Andrew Wildman (a) • Wildman, Guido Guidi (c)
    WAR CRY! The conquest of IACON begins in earnest, as SCORPONOK’s game-changing strategy threatens the very nature of what it means to be AUTOBOT... Or DECEPTICON! And HOT ROD begins his own personal odyssey to the very heart of CYBERTRON—where ancient forces are stirring!

Transformers: Prime—Rage of the Dinobots #3 (of 4)
    Mike Johnson & Mairghread Scott (w) • Agustin Padilla (a) • Ken Christiansen (c)
    SPAWNS OF SHOCKWAVE! The mind-blowing introduction of the DINOBOTS into the PRIME universe continues here! The Dinobots enter the belly of the beast in an attempt to save their comrades. But when SHOCKWAVE's minions turn the tables, GRIMLOCK will have to decide whether to beat them...or join them!
    Directly leads in to the future of TRANSFORMERS: PRIME!

Transformers Spotlight: Thundercracker
    John Barber (w) • Chee (a) • Chee, Livio Ramondeli (c)
    In the dark days of the war for Cybertron, THUNDERCRACKER had a special mission—one never revealed before! Now, as he faces off against BUMBLEBEE for the first time, the fate of METROPLEX—and an entire civilization—is at stake!
    Ties directly in to the ongoing TRANSFORMERS series!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So many Transformers comics during January. Expensive time for collecting the Transformers comics.
    No more than last month with the annuals, and three regular issues!

With the lack of toy releases, it is a good way to get out those buying impulses.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)