Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Robotech/Macross VF-1 Valkeries

Default Robotech/Macross VF-1 Valkeries

Kaiyodo will be releasing a Revoltech transforming VF-1 Valkerie, Kanzen Henkei (perfect transformation)

Kanzen Henkei

They are due to be released January 15th, they are 1/15 scale and will be priced at 2400yen (approx. $29aud)

Does anyone have any more information on these?

I would like to check them out. I have always liked the look of Macross/Robotech but the entire toyline confuses me

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Kaiyodo will be releasing a Revoltech transforming VF-1 Valkerie, Kanzen Henkei (perfect transformation)

Kanzen Henkei

They are due to be released January 15th, they are 1/15 scale and will be priced at 2400yen (approx. $29aud)
    "Perfect transformation" is a bit of a stretch, looks like you have to swap out the heatshield with the canopy.

A 1/15 scale VF-1 would be approximately a meter long... Maybe about 15cm long, I don't think Revoltechs are scalar.

Does anyone have any more information on these?

I would like to check them out. I have always liked the look of Macross/Robotech but the entire toyline confuses me
    I know a fair bit post 2000. Ask away.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    A 1/15 scale VF-1 would be approximately a meter long... Maybe about 15cm long, I don't think Revoltechs are scalar.
    I got 1/15 scale from a news item on Toyark. I can't find anymore information that is why I asked the question

Revoltechs are usually about 6 inches right? These would be the same size I presume?
    I would like to know if this will be a continuing line or if they will also get the weapon upgrades aswell

I have preordered them on BBTS so I guess I will find out myself soon enough

I know a fair bit post 2000. Ask away.
    I did some looking into Macross/Robotech and found the Toynami 1/100 figures. Are these any good? They look pretty good. Is the Super Weapons set a good upgrade?

I have found a Weapon Set and I am now looking for a Roy Focker to go with it

What is the difference between the Toynami and Bandai 1/100 figures?

What Macross/Robotech transforming items are the best? Masterpiece Collection?

Everytime I have previously looked into Macross/Robotech I have found it a bit confusing and very expensive.

I got 1/15 scale from a news item on Toyark. I can't find anymore information that is why I asked the question

Revoltechs are usually about 6 inches right? These would be the same size I presume?
    I would like to know if this will be a continuing line or if they will also get the weapon upgrades aswell

I have preordered them on BBTS so I guess I will find out myself soon enough

I did some looking into Macross/Robotech and found the Toynami 1/100 figures. Are these any good? They look pretty good. Is the Super Weapons set a good upgrade?

I have found a Weapon Set and I am now looking for a Roy Focker to go with it

What is the difference between the Toynami and Bandai 1/100 figures?

What Macross/Robotech transforming items are the best? Masterpiece Collection?

Everytime I have previously looked into Macross/Robotech I have found it a bit confusing and very expensive.
    There's a decent comparison of the various VF-1 Valkyries/Veritechs HERE.

BBTS for the Revoltech? Surely you would be better off with HLJ, Amiami, Angolz etc...? From what I remember BBTS shipping is horrific, unless you are shipping it using the 'pile of loot' option along with other stuff.

There's a decent description HERE. They state that the battroid mode is 13cm high.

I don't have a 1/100 Toynami but from what I gather they are ok for the price. The 1/55 Toynami 'Masterpiece' range should be largely avoided - there are horrific QC problems. There is a Bandai 'Hi-Metal' 1/100 VF-1S in prototype currently - it might be worth waiting for but won't see release for a few months yet at least.

I would recommend the Yamato VF-1 (version 2) series. They are on clearance/special at a few places currently but will set you back around $80 to $100 including shipping. However there were a few minor problems with the initial batches of Roy and Hikaru VF-1Ss and VF-1A - those are being re-released with the Super parts in a month for about $150 tho.

Thank you for all your help.

I have a Pile of Loot already waiting for me so it is cheaper to get through BBTS. But I have never tried the others you mentioned.

Do you have any links with comparison photos with Transformers?

Is this the Yamato VF-1 (version 2) series you mentioned?

They look great but are pretty expensive. I would have to be pretty sure on it if I was going to spend that much

Hopefully the Revoltech Kanzen Henkei figures will eventually get the Super parts aswell
    Last edited by TheFallen; 3rd January 2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: fixed Kazen to Kanzen

They're pretty much the same size, which makes them about 1/100 (perhaps 1/115 in fighter mode - maybe that's what it was meant to say on Toyark?)

They look great but are pretty expensive. I would have to be pretty sure on it if I was going to spend that much
    I only own a variety Takatoku/Bandai 1/55 Valkyries and their accessories - whenever I've shelled big bucks on them, I still feel like I've at least bought Transformers (since they're the same mould as Jetfire. Albeit sometimes with different heads.)
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 2nd January 2010 at 09:18 AM.

Do you have any links with comparison photos with Transformers?

Is this the Yamato VF-1 (version 2) series you mentioned?
    I haven't seen them posed with Transformers very often. I only have a selective TF collection myself consisting mostly of Alternators/Binaltechs, Masterpieces, Alternities and some Classic/Henkei pieces. I only have a webcam for photos currently too... but I can snap anything you want to see.

That is indeed the Yamato VF-1S (version 2) due for release soon. The swing-bar that attaches the legs to the hips is fiddly and prone to breakage if you're not careful, otherwise it's a great toy.

If anyone is interested in acquiring Toynami Masterpiece Veritechs or the original V1 Yamato 1/60 valks, gimme a PM as I'm looking to trim and streamline my collection of Macross valkyries/veritechs.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

I'll take that up

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I haven't seen them posed with Transformers very often. I only have a selective TF collection myself consisting mostly of Alternators/Binaltechs, Masterpieces, Alternities and some Classic/Henkei pieces. I only have a webcam for photos currently too... but I can snap anything you want to see.

That is indeed the Yamato VF-1S (version 2) due for release soon. The swing-bar that attaches the legs to the hips is fiddly and prone to breakage if you're not careful, otherwise it's a great toy.
    I only asked for pics with Transformers so I can get a sense of scale. Any pics with Classics will be fine if you can do it.

From what I have seen, I will probably get a 1/60 but mostly focus on 1/100.

I still like the Revoltech Kanzen Henkei so I will still get them and I have found the Revoltech Regult which should fit in perfectly with them.

What are your opinions of the Bandai VF100 series? Does it fit in with the Toynami 1/100?

Your help has been invalueable