Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Michael Bay to direct TF4 - Peter Cullen returns as Optimus

Decepticon Guest

You NEED fighting and explosions in these movies. It would be hell boring watching Decepticons prancing around with pansies on their heads.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    You NEED fighting and explosions in these movies.
    Sure, but you don't need fart, sex, and drug jokes!

People blame the script writers a hell of a lot, but I've seen many Bay movies and they all have the SAME injections of "content" in them all. As for action, I think a lot of Bay's action sequences are boring because they're not well choreographed. Sure, they're loud and explosive, but I personally find them repetitive, and hard to follow at times. Good action maintains a sense of perspective and space (think Terminator 2, for example). Bay doesn't seem to get this. But, to be fair, not many directors do... only the exceptional ones! Most actions films these days rely on disorienting the viewer to add to the "chaos". It's more distracting than anything else.

If Bay spent more time on character development, I think many people would forgive his shortcomings. He's a great Music Video or Super Bowl Ad director. When it comes to story... I always liken it to a Fireworks display. Sure, fireworks are loud, bright, pretty and exciting - but I'm not emotionally invested in them in any way.

Just my 2 cents!