Thread: Tightening pinned joint

Default Tightening pinned joint

As per the title, anyone know what the best way is to tighten a pinned/riveted joint?

The figure in question is TR Leader Sixshot. The lateral hip joints and the knees are pretty loose, and it seems like a pretty common tolerance issue right of the box.

Thanks in advance!

I've heard that super glue can help with that, you put a drop in the joint leave it to cure for a few secs and then move the joint so it doesn't set and you keep doing that until the glue has dried.

A far safer version is future acrylic floor polish, a few in the affected area, move the joint so the polish gets worked in and your done, no living in fear of bricking your toy.

I use clear nail polish for tightening joints. But I have only ever used it on ball joints and on gun handles and tabs.

My TR Scourge would not even stay together on one of the main panels. A bit on on the tab and it sticks like clockwork.

Thanks guys! I'll give the nail polish a shot first.

You still need to do the moving once applied so it dries but does not glue the joint shut.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I've heard that super glue can help with that, you put a drop in the joint leave it to cure for a few secs and then move the joint so it doesn't set and you keep doing that until the glue has dried.

A far safer version is future acrylic floor polish, a few in the affected area, move the joint so the polish gets worked in and your done, no living in fear of bricking your toy.
    Did this with the joints on my GT-J4ZZ. Worked a dream.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I hate using superglue. You need adequate ventilation or the fumes coming off it stick to the plastic. Particularly annoying when it "frosts" clear plastic.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Consider applying a couple of very thin coats to the pin only then once well cured reassemble the joint.

I guess it depends on all the hole diameters that the pin is going through.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

A method I've recently discovered is to wrap some plumber's PTFE tape into the joint. This stuff is super thin and flexible. If you wrap it a few times deep into the joint then push it in it will tighten the joint without the need for glues, etc. May be worth a try. Its cheap and won't damage the figure.
    "Once you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will soon follow."

Please check my toy blog: www.tonkstoys.com