Page 123 of 168 FirstFirst ... 103113118119120121122123124125126127128133143 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1679

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    Well I got this from RK, wish I knew about the QC issues before though. But it looks good in robot mode though.
    Ive had mine for a week or so now. I quite like mine. No real standout issues except the head/neck area not locking into the chest very well. It will do until someone brings a better version.

I haven't got too many 3P items, but I don't have faith that TT are ever going to release Sunstreaker so I was keen to pick up this guy.

Really impressed with the quality and sturdiness of the mold. Absolutely top notch!

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

^ Speaking of sunstreaker, I got omnigonix spinout last weekend. Honestly, I was waiting impatiently for it and disappointed at every delay... and then hearing things online I was dreading getting him in the end. I'll say the car looks good, and I was warned by someone that the transformation was ... crap ... The arms coming out etc. was all good, legs were ok, but then getting to putting the chest together wow, soft plastic and trying to get it all to go together right was a nightmare. The head/neck/bit underneath the neck is just a nightmare, two pieces tabbing separately into the chest quite loosely. You have to squeeze him together while you adjust the head or it'll just come loose again.

Also I think my head was slightly mis-assembled. I haven't taken it apart to change the head, but it doesn't sit quite straight. He looks ok enough in robot mode, has grown on me despite his chin being level with the top of his chest. His legs don't seem to want to twist outwards so they're straight on all the time, and though he has an ankle tilt, it doesn't really work. He's a head or more taller than MP sideswipe, and there's 3 (maybe 4) different yellows with different plastics, plus paint, plus paint over black, but that's not an issue for me. The main bit is the joints just not being good (ie ankle, hips, neck), and trying to get the back plate sitting flush with the back of the car with the soft plastic.

Also, the front wheels are screwed on, not pinned, this is a big WTF for me, they both fell off during transformation and you can't really get in there, you'd have to kinda angle something in to push on the screw and try and keep it from moving/turning and then screw the wheel on. At the moment i've left them off because he's in robot mode behind red alert, tracks and smokescreen so you can't see. Also in car mode the wheels stick out past the arches, if they were in like the MP lambos it would be heaps better.

Overall, looks good enough on the shelf for me, I wanted a red sunstreaker and possibly a police version for my MP diaclone shelf, but that plan is out the window unless I find badcubes sentinel blaze discounted, and then it will be in car mode only (no offence to people who like it, but I just can't get over the chest/body of badcubes take on sunstreaker).

glad I cancelled my PO of Omnigonix when I saw all those bad comments about it...

as for my purchase, this completes the trio or insecticons, also an additional 3P cassettron... very poor quality IMO, the should revisit this figure and make some changes, add a bit of metal to it

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    glad I cancelled my PO of Omnigonix when I saw all those bad comments about it...

as for my purchase, this completes the trio or insecticons, also an additional 3P cassettron... very poor quality IMO, the should revisit this figure and make some changes, add a bit of metal to it
    mmmmm FT bugs, they do look nice, almost tempted to get some to build up the swarm

Quote Originally Posted by aching878 View Post
    mmmmm FT bugs, they do look nice, almost tempted to get some to build up the swarm
    that, would be an expensive venture .
    I had the same idea but with the price, I just will settle to using my G1 insecticons as the clone swarm for these 3...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I guess this classify as a 3p purchase?

haven't posted much lately as been busy working on a side project which was finally wrapping up and my piece arrived, a custom shapeways warbotron chest plate for the WB-03 Computron combiner.

The result turned out pretty nice and originally started this simply due to myself wanting a custom piece for the combiner, but in the end we threw it up on shapeways so if anyone else wanted they can get one as well.

Comes in basic base colors

But when you add a little paint

Looks great!

Citybots aren't usually my thing, but for this guy I had to make an exception. He may not be as big as Titan Metroplex but he's just as heavy and his ratchets even stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Citybots aren't usually my thing, but for this guy I had to make an exception. He may not be as big as Titan Metroplex but he's just as heavy and his ratchets even stronger.
    Oh what! I've never seen this one before. What are they called? (3rd Party Name)