Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Transformers Club and HASCON convention announced for 2017

I'd aim to attend the SDCC one day instead.

Yes you can even register to be informed of "international events"...... as long as you have a US postal address. Grrl.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Has anyone here been able to register, or had to use an anonymous IP Browser, as I think it is geo-blocking non-Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Has anyone here been able to register, or had to use an anonymous IP Browser, as I think it is geo-blocking non-Americans.
    I registered fine, and received an email confirmation. But they may have switched on geoblocking later.

If you have a us postal address and pm me details, I can register you up via a Tor browser, if you're still having troubles. Got one at work
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I registered fine, and received an email confirmation. But they may have switched on geoblocking later.

If you have a us postal address and pm me details, I can register you up via a Tor browser, if you're still having troubles. Got one at work
    I just tried again now and the webpage says it went through this time... but haven't got an email confirmation yet.

I did just recently clear my history and cookies, so maybe the later attempts were just being blocked by it reading my first failed attempt, despite trying three different email addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I just tried again now and the webpage says it went through this time... but haven't got an email confirmation yet.

I did just recently clear my history and cookies, so maybe the later attempts were just being blocked by it reading my first failed attempt, despite trying three different email addresses.
    I have the same thing - signed up, no confirmation email.

I would attend this if I could get cheap flights over and the voice actors in attendance made it worth while. I find the time of the year rather odd given they are aiming at families and it is during the middle of the first term of school for the northern hemisphere.

Having said that I really hope they expand their international events. Something like Cybertroncon (even if it does encompass other Hasbro properties) on every continent would be awesome!
    Rumour has it there will be another Asian event next year but no official confirmation yet. They really need one down in Oz too... so I hope it happens.

The Hascon website is now live, with details and tickets available for purchase.

Copy of the TFW posting, as it covers most of the important info...

The show is this September 8th-10th, in Providence Rhode Island.
    Guests right now include: Stan Lee, Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, Andrea Libman (MLP), Dude Perfect (Nerf), Mark Rosewater (MTG Designer), Meghan McCarthy (Hasbro Studios), Mark Boudreaux (Star Wars Toys), Cathy Weseluck (MLP), Candace Payne (Chewbacca Mom), John Warden (TF Designer), Derryl DePriest (GI Joe, Micronauts, Stretch Armstrong VP).
    You can visit the site and buy tickets at http://hascon.hasbro.com

The ticket options are as follows:
    Adults (Ages 16 and up)
    Single: US $60, 3 Day: US $165
    Youth (Ages 3-15)
    Single: US $30, 3 Day:US $75
    Youth (Ages 2 and under)
    Single: Free, 3 Day: Free

Base tickets include all major show features:
    –Interactive Brand Experiences – Participate in hands-on tournaments, try new games and toys, walk through the world of Equestria and other brand environments.
    –Panels – Get access to attend an impressive lineup of speakers. (Panels are first come, first served until we reach capacity. Panel attendance is not guaranteed.)
    –Meet-and-Greets – Snap a photo opportunity with some of your favorite characters, including Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, Optimus Prime, Dreamworks Trolls Poppy & Branch, My Little Pony characters, including Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and more!
    –Entertainment – Enjoy musical guests, live performances and DJs.
    –Cosplay – Costume contests & dance parties! Celebrate your favorite character and participate in a costume contest or a costume dance party perfect for kids and kids at heart.
    –Passport Tour – Get a passport stamp as you embark on an exciting scavenger hunt through the many worlds of Hasbro brands.
    –Larger-than-life Games – Participate in gigantic versions of some of Hasbro’s iconic games.
    –Hasbro Commercial Auditions – Youths ages 3-15 can audition for a potential role in Hasbro TV commercials and entertainment. (Parent/Guardian must be present to sign all audition releases). First come first served until we reach capacity. Priority will be given to Super Star ticket holders. Participation in auditions is not guaranteed.
    –Commemorative Program – Take home the premier collector’s edition commemorative program guide.

And, there are also 4 different VIP packages ranging from $200 to 600 USD.

VIP Tickets Options:

Super Fan
    3-Day Adult Ticket
    For Adults – Ages 16 and up
    $600 (Plus RI State Sales Tax)
    This 3-Day Ticket welcomes adults to an incredible behind-the-scenes experience at HASBRO.
    Get priority access for some of the events, get HASCON souvenirs, see shows, and more.
    Above show features, PLUS these Super Fan Bonuses
    –Panel VIP – Access to special VIP early line-up when attending guest panels. (Must arrive 40 minutes prior to session and only available to first 50 VIPs per session.)
    –Evening Activity – Choose one of the many exciting evening activities including movie viewings, hall of fame dinners, peek behind the scenes with toy and game designers, and even some surprise guests. (Did someone say Dude Perfect?). Evening selections will be available in July on a first come, first served basis as there are capacity limitations.
    –Reserved Theater Seating – Skip the line and receive a guaranteed reserved Main Panel Seat in the HASCON theater. (Limited to one seat ,for one event per day.)
    –Goodie Bag – Get a HASCON gift bag filled with surprises and souvenirs.
    –Green Screen – Transport yourself to a virtual HASBRO world with our immersive green screen experience. First come first served until we reach capacity. Priority will be given to VIP ticket holders. Participation in green screen experience is not guaranteed.

Super Star
    3-Day Youth (Ages 3-15) Ticket
    $200 (Plus RI State Sales Tax)
    Fan-tastic!
    This 3-Day Ticket for kids offers an incredible behind-the-scenes fan-filled experience and a chance to discover the world of HASBRO. Meet-and-greets, get HASCON souvenirs and a HASCON T-shirt, see shows, and get preferred access to audition for a potential role in a HASBRO commercial or entertainment. First come first served until we reach capacity. Priority will be given to VIP ticket holders. Participation in auditions and green screen is not guaranteed.
    PLUS these Super Star Bonuses:
    –Meet and Greet Photo Op – Have access to photo ops with some of your favorite stars and characters including Dude Perfect and more!
    –HASBRO Commercial Auditions – Youths ages 3-15 can get preferred access to audition for a potential role in HASBRO TV commercials and entertainment (Parent/Guardian must be present to sign all audition releases.) Auditions are first come, first served until we reach capacity. Participation in auditions is not guaranteed.
    –Goodie Bag – Get a HASCON gift bag filled with surprises and souvenirs.
    –T-Shirt – Receive a HASCON T-shirt
    –Green Screen – Transport yourself to a virtual HASBRO world with our immersive green screen experience. First come first served until we reach capacity. Priority will be given to VIP ticket holders. Participation in green screen experience is not guaranteed.

Super Fan Magic: the Gathering
    3-Day Adult Ticket
    For Magic: the Gathering fans!
    Welcome to an unbelievable opportunity for a special experience featuring MAGIC’s past, present and future. Get two Iconic Masters Advance Release events, a trio of exciting MAGIC cards from the 2017 HASCON Collection, a ticket to MAGIC’s 25th Anniversary party and more!
    PLUS these Super Fan – Magic: The Gathering Bonuses:
    –Two entries into Iconic Masters Advance Release events.
    –Three MAGIC: THE GATHERING cards made especially for HASCON featuring a mashup of MAGIC: THE GATHERING and three awesome HASBRO brands!
    –One entry into the MAGIC: THE GATHERING 25th Anniversary party featuring MAGIC: THE GATHERING celebrities, Ixalan preview cards and, of course, birthday cake!
    –A Goodie Bag including six booster packs, Ultra Pro merchandise, HASCON merchandise and more!
    –Entry into one VIP-only autograph session with Mark Rosewater, Aleksi Briclot, Tyler Jacobson and more!
    –Access to the Dunkin’ Donuts Center VIP Lounge, featuring comfy chairs, charging stations, light snacks, water, and more!
    –A reserved seat for the MAGIC: THE GATHERING 25th Anniversary panel featuring stories and surprises from the MAGIC: THE GATHERING brand’s past, present, and future!
    –Guest Panel VIP – Access to special VIP early lineup when attending guest panels. (Must arrive 40 Minutes prior to session and only available to first 50 VIPs per session)
    –Reserved Theater Seating – Receive a guaranteed reserved Main Panel Seat in the HASCON theater. (Limited to one seat, for one event per day)

Super Fan Dungeons & Dragons
    3-Day Adult Ticket
    For Dungeons & Dragons fans!!
    Welcome to an unbelievable weekend of D&D and adventure. Get your slot in the Weekend Warrior, your copy of D&Ds convention promo, a reserved seat at the D&D live game and more!
    PLUS these Super Fan – Dungeons & Dragons Bonuses:
    –One entry into The Weekend Warrior event, run by an expert Dungeon Master.
    –One reserved seat to the D&D Live Game.
    –A Goodie Bag including the D&D HASCON convention promo, a signed copy of the most recent D&D RPG book, Ultra Pro HASCON merchandise, a D&D patch and more!
    –Access to a VIP-only area at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center featuring comfy chairs, charging stations, light snacks, water, and more!
    –Guest Panel VIP – Access to special VIP early lineup when attending guest panels. (Must arrive 40 Minutes prior to session and only available to first 50 VIPs per session)
    –Reserved Theater Seating – Receive a guaranteed reserved Main Panel Seat in the HASCON theater. (Limited to one seat, for one event per day)

Schedule:
    September 8th
    10 AM START : Magic: The Gathering Play Events
    10 AM START : DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Play Events
    11 AM START : MAIN SHOW & BRAND WORLDS OPEN
    11 AM START : MULTIPLE PANEL SESSIONS THROUGHOUT THE DAY
    Also CELEBRITY APPEARANCES
    Also COSTUMED CHARACTERS
    Also MEET HASBRO DESIGNERS, ENGINEERS & WRITERS

September 9th
    9 AM START : MAIN SHOW & BRAND WORLDS OPEN
    9 AM START : MULTIPLE PANEL SESSIONS THROUGHOUT THE DAY
    Also COSTUMED CHARACTERS

September 10th
    9 AM START : MAIN SHOW & BRAND WORLDS OPEN
    9 AM START : MULTIPLE PANEL SESSIONS THROUGHOUT THE DAY
    Also COSTUMED CHARACTERS
    I was really wanting to go... really hoping that it would give us a reason for them not allowing for a stand-alone Transformers convention in addition to this one (like MLP and GIJoe will have for a couple years).
    I still have a lot of thinking to do, but it isn't looking likely now.

If this becomes an annual thing, and the only thing for Transformers Brand team interaction, reveals and convention exclusives, I don't want to regret missing one (like I did when I missed BotCon 2006)... but the expense for someone like me to attend, I need it to have more value than maybe two or three Transformers panels (compared to two or three full days at BotCon), and a location that is worth spending a couple days exploring, preferably with a friend or two.
    There isn't even mention or hint of a Hasbro HQ tour either... which would be a motivating factor, as it would be hard to put a price on that experience.
    With 31 brands being featured on this 3 day event... how much time do you think is going to be spent on each Brand during those days. You really need to be a fan of multiple brands, or live nearby, to make it worth going.
    A bit like SDCC - people don't go for one brand, panel or exhibit, they go for multiple things, to make it worth the expense.

The other frustrating factor for me to consider is that all of the things the US$600 + tax VIP package pays for, are not guaranteed. If by chance they sell tickets really well to fans of other Brands being featured, you could be paying all that money and not get VIP seating at any of your desired panels (only 50 seats available, and you have to line up 40 minutes beforehand, which could prevent you doing other things)... the Evening events are only available to the first people who line up until they reach capacity... same with the Green Screen experience. At least FunPub only sold a limited number of VIP and Golden Tickets, and made sure they catered to that number.
    It just makes it even more risky for me to spend several thousand dollars to go to a Convention, and not be guaranteed access to the small number of things I would want to attend.
    A lot to think about.

Was anyone else here even remotely thinking of going?
    Are you more or less likely to go now?

If it had more of a Transformers focus I was considering it.
    I'd LOVE to meet Frank, see Peter again and see the 2 of them in a panel together but airfares/accom + $600 for a maybe is too much of a risk.

When I look back to the Chinese convention I went to last year I think entry ticket was about RMB 80 (around AU$15.50) and meeting Peter was RMB 600 (Around AU$116). Even with the "expensive tickets" to meet Peter that's still cheaper and a better deal than this diluted US event. So I simply can't justify Hascon for the expense.

If they sold tickets that guaranteed you got a meet and greet, tickets to a Transformers cocktails event to mingle with creators, writers, actors, Hasbro corporate (or something similar), green screen and VIP only guaranteed seat panels I would be more interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    If they sold tickets that guaranteed you got a meet and greet, tickets to a Transformers cocktails event to mingle with creators, writers, actors, Hasbro corporate (or something similar), green screen and VIP only guaranteed seat panels I would be more interested.
    That's the thing that bothers me most - not being guaranteed to get into any of the things that the VIP ticket is paying for. At least at BotCon, if I paid for any of their tickets, I am guaranteed access to their evening events, their panels (there may have been one year recently that they reached capacity for a couple of panels), and their special events that were specifically included in a special price ticket (like VIP and Golden Tickets). Imagine the uproar if people bought a BotCon registration and were turned away from the Dinner, or a Golden Ticket and there wasn't enough seating to cover every one at the GT dinner and at the front of the Panels.

This event looks to have emphasis on D&D and MagicTG, and has 31 Brands to feature over the three days, including some big name licenses (SW & Marvel), so if they were to announce some actors from either of those two Brands, the VIP tickets will be snapped up quite quickly.
    And there is enough young kid Brands included to have quite a few of the "local" people buy up day tickets (most probably on the day, like at BotCon)... so I think this event may do well, but it won't draw in too many Transformers fans, or create a returning community of Transfans like BotCon and fan-run Cons do.

The things that will annoy me most if I don't go, is the half-ass job most American fansites do on covering the details on the presentation panels... trying to be the one to feature the collector lines most, and sacrifice attention to detail of the non-collector toys or lines (like gimmick toys and Rescue Bots). One of the things I like doing at BotCon is covering all the reveals and displays for the benefit of all fans... but that's not enough of a reason for me to go to HasCon.

I will need a couple of weeks more to think about this, but I am really starting to lean towards not going.

Such a hard decision. I agree, on the surface it does not appear worthwhile. Perhaps worth it only to be a better judge on future Hascon events but that is like going just to see if you regret it. I would look to another event (perhaps in Asia) and meet up with a few members over there. Or plug a few collecting holes or general collecting needs.

Another option is to (somehow) make the trip worth it even IF Hascon is nearly a complete dud. Not sure how this could be done though.
    Last edited by Deonasis; 24th May 2017 at 08:52 PM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose