Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MP12+ Lambor/Sideswipe for November

Suspect "+" version would be more toon accurate ... though not much colours to change on Sideswipe ... unless they just make it more matte red?

I'm half expecting a mp-10+ to match MP-36 lol

Can't say I was impressed with MP-14+. It just looks dull. I hope Sideswipe + is the same because I don't want to have to buy him again.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Seen a facebook post from the falcons hanger mentioning mp12+ in November for 8500 jpy
    Just seen this confirming the price plus a few other goodies mentioned.

What would you do different to make Sideswipe more cartoon accurate? Unlike Red Alert he's already fairly cartoon accurate.

Anyway I'm more interested in those LG figures, except for Six Shot since I got the Hasbro version since I'm not too worried about cartoon accuracy for him cause he got about six seconds of on-screen time. Also not worried about Doublecross cause he never was in The Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    What would you do different to make Sideswipe more cartoon accurate? Unlike Red Alert he's already fairly cartoon accurate.
    Paint the headlights, kneepads, and feet white? 🤣
    I'll wait and see what's presented then decide. I'll most likely pass on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Can't say I was impressed with MP-14+. It just looks dull. I hope Sideswipe + is the same because I don't want to have to buy him again.
    Mp14+ fits very nicely with mp inferno when using his white grill and nozzle

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I personally disliked MP14+, I thought the original was better. I am curious to see how they make MP12 more toon accurate without making physical changes.

I've said before that my vision of the MP line has been a combination of real world alt mode detail with cartoon accurate bot modes. As such the + line and cartoon appearance accessories has never appealed to me.
    My only dilemma would be a MP11+ Starscream as the current grey version is so bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee2000 View Post
    Although if the + line isn't dead, where is Wheeljack at? Sure a lot of people would kill for an MP36 - too.
    I figured a MP+ Wheeljack with a simplified, screen-accurate colour scheme would be a thing as soon as MP14+ was announced. I'm surprised it hasn't been announced yet.

Megatron's colour scheme is already pretty screen-accurate, and the figure even uses the cartoon version of the Decepticon emblem with three central spikes instead of the traditional version with two central spikes. A MP+ version doesn't seem necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    My only dilemma would be a MP11+ Starscream as the current grey version is so bleh.
    MP-11's colour scheme is pretty screen-accurate. I don't see how you could improve the colour scheme and make it 'more screen-accurate'. TakaraTOMY could paint the figure grey instead of having unpainted plastic, but that wouldn't really improve the colour.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I can see them doing an MP+ of Wheeljack when they have a figure to pair him with. So far all MP+ releases have been released alongside a figure they were connected to who had a different enough aesthetic the original release might clash with the new MP. Although I couldn't hazard a guess as to who that could be given who's left of the 84-85 characters.