View Poll Results: GEN Armada Starscream - Worth buying?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 73.68%
  • Only if cheap

3 15.79%
  • I'm happy with the original Armada toy

2 10.53%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review: Generations Armada Starscream

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    As far as Armada toys go Screamers articulation was pretty good.
    Notice anything wrong?
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Got my TT one in the mail last week and while I wasn't expecting all that much from it, I really like it ! A lot!

Incredible light piping! Super clean bright white plastic. Less Red than Hasbro's one and very nice articulation, My main complaints are; Where's Swindle? His nose cone should attach to the groin piece to secure the body together. It just floats. His neck joint. Ball into head socket, but the ball joint attaches to the translucent plastic for his eyes. On mine it's an incredibly tight fit so turning his head is tough and I am afraid the plastic will crack easily, being translucent plastic.

I think since they weren't going to have the flippy launchers, they could have dropped the big orange doodads on his shoulders. They do look cool for jet mode and I realise it's part of the character in a way and you can fold them down, but I think they are too big. I would have preferred keeping the launchers on his shoulder with the back half folding down more than the option I have.

Some images:

I really like Armada Starscream. The jet mode is decent and the colours are nice. However, they still haven't figured out a way to somehow hide the arms better because they rest against the side of the plane, clearly visible underneath the wings.

I miss the two iconic gimmicks from the original. I really wished they could have kept the flip forward cannons since it looks much more impressive with large shoulder cannons that protrude so far in front of the body. While I like the pressure launch missile system of this one (it's really fun), it doesn't completely justify the long part sticking out the back. I don't like resting it on his back because this means that Starscream loses the air intakes on either side which is another defining feature of the figure.

Anyway, while it didn't make a good looking sword on the original toy, I loved the fact that Starscream detaches his wing to form a blade, and the lopsided look we get as a result. The swords are a separate piece attached to the underside of the wing but I loved how the designer used balljoints for the wings when there was a no need, because now you can imitate the lopsidedness by folding the wing out of sight.

Overall, another solid figure and my favourite out of the wave.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

I ended up getting this figure simply as he was part of the wave I ordered from BBTS.

I have the original Aramada Starscream so wasn't massively excited to get this guy but figures might as well as he was part of the wave I was already ordering.

I do like that you can have his cannons pointed upwards so they are a variation of the G1 Seekers shoulder points, but can then flip forward to fire missiles like Armada. The face/head seems to be a nice cross between the two as well.

The swords don't go anywhere in Jet mode, that surprised me a bit as these days usually all weapons are contained within both modes.

One of the simplest Deluxe transformations I've come across in a looong time - even simpler than Scoop! For the first time in ages I have to say I would have preferred a more complex transformation, this was a bit easy for a deluxe class.

Nice to get the comic as always. Since the Minicons are so big in the comics, it would have been nice for this figure to come with one, rather than Legends Starscream coming with Waspinator - feels like they gave the wrong Screamer a sidekick.

Worth getting I spose, happy to have him but would not have shed too many tears if I had missed him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    The swords don't go anywhere in Jet mode, that surprised me a bit as these days usually all weapons are contained within both modes.
    They fold up and clip on to the bottom of the wings, so they are contained. If you look closely at the underside (in robot mode) of the wings you'll be able to see where they go.

ETA: To clarify, the back of the wings in bot mode. There is a hole on the swords that fits on to the tabs on the back of the wings, and you can make out where the round part where the swords fold and the point of them are meant to go. Sorry I can't provide pics but hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    They fold up and clip on to the bottom of the wings, so they are contained. If you look closely at the underside (in robot mode) of the wings you'll be able to see where they go.

ETA: To clarify, the back of the wings in bot mode. There is a hole on the swords that fits on to the tabs on the back of the wings, and you can make out where the round part where the swords fold and the point of them are meant to go. Sorry I can't provide pics but hope that helps!
    This is true, you can see how they clip on in Tet's pictures above
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    This is true, you can see how they clip on in Tet's pictures above

Ah, there ya go. Cheers guys