Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy review - GTR-03 Megatron

Default Toy review - GTR-03 Megatron

I just got him today , so i like to show him off abit
    Well it another GTR so i wouldn't really go into him too much as he like the other in the series .. His paint job is still amazing as ever in this line up as you can see from the picture ... They made his face different and he has a different gun accessories , ill also like to note that he is very stiff which is very nice cause then he can be pose easily as to the alternity GTR which was a floppy mess.Also the figure which come with him , has platform shoe which make her very hard to stand up !~!
    Well is he worth it to get?... if you like the silver paint job... i personally like the red one the best

On with the picture ...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I really wished they change bodies as in the car when is a total different character.

IMO they are very nice, but if thats their take on all future cars just changing the girls, paint work and head and adding changes to spoilers only etc.... is a turn off after a while.

This is why I really enjoyed the Binaltech/Alternators more. Good review and pics.

If this thread had a poll, I'd vote for "Not even interested."

The paint detail on these is just fantastic isn't it? When Fort Max appears, all 4 together will look bloody great! BUT I have always disliked Alternity heads though and these with their visors have the worst ones (another prayer is whispered to the third parties). This is not a problem for me because I've had to skip them but i expect they will get expensive on the 2nd market fast.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

In alt mode Megs easily looks to be the toughest of the 3.

How is the face sculpt? In some photos it looks good, but in others it looks pretty bad.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    In alt mode Megs easily looks to be the toughest of the 3.

How is the face sculpt? In some photos it looks good, but in others it looks pretty bad.
    his head ok .... he doesn't look mean enough to me.. the black thing on the back of his head is the engine cover which look weird sticking out like that

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I really wished they change bodies as in the car when is a total different character.

IMO they are very nice, but if thats their take on all future cars just changing the girls, paint work and head and adding changes to spoilers only etc.... is a turn off after a while.

This is why I really enjoyed the Binaltech/Alternators more. Good review and pics.
    Pretty much this. While it is a collector's grade figure and one worthy of being bought, a new head and paint job doesn't make them another character.

Totally agree , they already had megs as a 350zx they should of upgraded that mold to a GT body kit ...
    https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...obad0b_(1).jpg

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/artic...ood_350z02.jpg

that would be awsome ....

they're just making as much money as they can out of the mold but its getting very very old , i have the red prime gtr and i'm glad i bought it , but i wont buy any of the other cars in the series

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    they're just making as much money as they can out of the mold but its getting very very old , i have the red prime gtr and i'm glad i bought it , but i wont buy any of the other cars in the series
    You know the crappy part is WHEN they decided to do what I suggested those current ones will cost a bomb to obtain them.

If you like cars then is not too much an issue. I wouldn't mind if these we Prowl, Silver streak and blue streak, etc....along the same line since is Nissan.
    It doesn't grow old too fast if there is a reason for the same body.

Again I like the paint work, but have not collected this series.