View Poll Results: Generations IDW Waspinator - worth getting?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah!

18 75.00%
  • Only if...

3 12.50%
  • Na

3 12.50%
  • Would rather let Spider-bot rip Waspinators head off!

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations IDW Waspinator

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    It's actually 5 down, arguably 7. They've made toys of Rhinox, Rattrap, and Waspinator in Generations. Then there's Cheetor and Dinobot in Universe. The arguably seven comes from Megatron and Optimus Primal getting new toys as part of the 10th anniversary a long while ago, and they're arguable because they were designed to be "Cybertron compatible" so as to fit into the mainline at the time. They also released screen accurate remolds of OP and Megs shortly afterward. So yeah, either 5 or 7 of 14. I'd certainly like to see modern versions of dragon Megatron and Optimal Optimus, though.

Waspinator kicks all kinds of ass. And he has planzzzz, yezzzzz....
    Let's not sell ourselves short here.

3 down. 11 to go.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Let's not sell ourselves short here.

3 down. 11 to go.
    I very much doubt Hasbro will make another version of Dinobot or Cheetor. Nor would I want them to, when there are other figures I want made.

Got sick of waiting for the Hasbro release so found a HK dealer selling the Takara version for a reasonable price. Look forward to getting this Buzz-bot

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Got sick of waiting for the Hasbro release so found a HK dealer selling the Takara version for a reasonable price. Look forward to getting this Buzz-bot
    My version is the Takara version. It's all kinds of awesome. Especially good for leaving around the house to scare the girlfriend with.

I very much doubt Hasbro will make another version of Dinobot or Cheetor. Nor would I want them to, when there are other figures I want made.
    Stay positive. They need doing right.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Stay positive. They need doing right.
    I quite like the Universe Dinobot. But I do take your point. Maybe they could do updated versions of the Transmetal or TM2 forms, or even BM for Cheetor, rather than trying again for the original forms. Admittedly that wouldn't give us a completely perfect first season cast, but it would avoid those who've bought some of the earlier releases ending up with doubles of the exact same character.

I quite like the Universe Dinobot. But I do take your point. Maybe they could do updated versions of the Transmetal or TM2 forms, or even BM for Cheetor, rather than trying again for the original forms. Admittedly that wouldn't give us a completely perfect first season cast, but it would avoid those who've bought some of the earlier releases ending up with doubles of the exact same character.
    Dinobot is ok. I have the Henkei versions of both he and Cheetor, but ultimately he's too small.

As for Cheetor, both modes suffer from the same thing - the gimmick. The jaw opening mechanism is far too cumbersome for such a small, thin figure. Doing away with that would be a great start for that mold, but there is still quite a bit wrong with it.

The point of these Generations figures was to get as close to screen accurate as possible, at least in robot mode. Cheetor and Dinobot were never designed to be that.

I'd like them to do the rest of the S1 cast. Dinobot would probably have to be a voyager to capture my interest though. I honestly wouldn't mind if they did Cheetor as one of the later figures, as I'd rather have characters that haven't been done and then the redos.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I'd like them to do the rest of the S1 cast. Dinobot would probably have to be a voyager to capture my interest though. I honestly wouldn't mind if they did Cheetor as one of the later figures, as I'd rather have characters that haven't been done and then the redos.
    I couldn't agree more.

If Hasbro are scared people won't buy them (which I think the response to and sales of the BW Generations toys (when and where available) disproves anyway) go with the 'Deluxe' sized characters. Blackarachnia, Tarantulas, Airazor, Scorponok -- and if dinosaurs are in vogue atm, start with Terrorsaur! They've already wheeled his original mould out of the retirement home to turn it into an AoE toy. Give us a new one!

I couldn't agree more.

If Hasbro are scared people won't buy them (which I think the response to and sales of the BW Generations toys (when and where available) disproves anyway) go with the 'Deluxe' sized characters. Blackarachnia, Tarantulas, Airazor, Scorponok -- and if dinosaurs are in vogue atm, start with Terrorsaur! They've already wheeled his original mould out of the retirement home to turn it into an AoE toy. Give us a new one!
    I have said it since I first got Terrorsaur so many years ago, I would love a screen accurate figure of him!