View Poll Results: Generations Thrilling 30 Skywarp - Worth getting?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah!

4 66.67%
  • Only if...

1 16.67%
  • Na

1 16.67%
  • Teleport this toy into the nearest furnace!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - Thrilling 30 WFC Skywarp

Default Toy Review - Thrilling 30 WFC Skywarp

Series - Transformers Generations
    Sub-line – Thrilling 30
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of FOC Starscream
    Wave - 2 - 2014
    Released here - not yet, maybe never
    Approximate Retail Price - $25
    Approximate Size - Robot 16cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Seeker Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Cannons can combine and spin
    Main Colours – Purple, Grey, Black
    Main Accessory – Spinning Assault Cannons, Spotlight Comic Book

Skywarp is the third Decepticon Seeker to be released using the FOC Seeker mould. The Tak/Tom version was released quite a while ago, and now the Hasbro version is finally available (although like most Generations toys – seemingly not in Australia ).

This mold got a bit of criticism when Starscream came out, but for me it is one of the best FOC inspired moulds out there. It has a very intuitive transformation, which while not hard is not too simple either. The jet mode is very faithful to the games (in Skywarps’s case that is WFC) and fits the ‘Cybertronian Seeker’ ideal well. The guns also suit the ‘oversized blasters’ motif that runs through the games, though look a bit silly to my mind combined so I keep them separate. Robot Mode looks good, quite beefy, quite alien, yet still retaining a certain faithfulness to the original 84 concept. This toy is almost the first example I’ve seen where the Hasbro version of a figure has a BETTER paintjob than the Takara one, the Tak/Tom version being too washed out an grey for my liking, so a big tick to Hasbro for improving it . The black wings on the Hasbro version in particular look a lot better than the purple wings on the Tak/Tom one.

The comic just takes one the form of one of the Dark Cybertron issues, but at least Skywarp does stuff in it, unlike some of the other spotlight ones (such as Dreadwing)where the character just happens to be in it. Plus it’s just a nice extra to get and well appreciated.

A good figure – certainly worth picking up if you are a fan of the games or Cybertronian alt-modes for G1 characters

Yeah I have all 3. They look good together.

What's the best price people can find for this guy? There is the whole wave for $35, which I'd like to go for, but I don't really want Scoop and Armada SS. Do you think I should get the wave and sell them off?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    What's the best price people can find for this guy? There is the whole wave for $35, which I'd like to go for, but I don't really want Scoop and Armada SS. Do you think I should get the wave and sell them off?
    You can probably find Skywarp individually now if you search various websites. Personally since you get 3 bots for the price of 1 I would buy the set and at least keep Scoop. Armada Starscream has little to reccomend him

I voted on sodium purely because while the Hasbro version does look nicer, I do already have the TakaraTOMY version (acquired long before Hasbro announced their version)... so there's not much point in me personally getting this toy. But if I didn't already have the TakTOM version, I'd definitely get the Hasbro one.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I voted on sodium purely because while the Hasbro version does look nicer, I do already have the TakaraTOMY version (acquired long before Hasbro announced their version)... so there's not much point in me personally getting this toy. But if I didn't already have the TakTOM version, I'd definitely get the Hasbro one.
    I see what you did there.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust