View Poll Results: Devastation game - how do you rate it?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

17 45.95%
  • Good

18 48.65%
  • Barely a pass

2 5.41%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: GAME review - Devastation

Devastation characters played by their original G1 voice actors:
    * Bumblebee (Dan Gilvezan)
    * Grimlock (Gregg Berger)
    * Long Haul (Gregg Berger)
    * Megatron (Frank Welker)
    * Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen)
    * Scrapper (Michael Bell)
    * Sideswipe (Michael Bell)
    * Soundwave (Frank Welker)

Played the first chapter with some mates. Took us about 90 minutes but we somehow missed two missions. It's an odd map with all those tunnels and what not.

Game made much more sense once we found those green circles that allow for character changes and weapon upgrading. I'm guessing that weapon upgrading only gets you so far and that we end to play on hard to get better base weapons.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

You can also upgrade (purchase) additional moves as well as develop and equip technology. But these upgrades do significantly improve your performance/ability in the game. I finished the game on Scout level which I found challenging (cos I is gaming noobz), but I'm currently playing on the next level up and I'm actually finding it easier because of the more upgraded weapons, tech & skill sets that I'm packing which I didn't have the first time round.

The jumping levels are still annoying as hell. If only there were a jetpack (surely Sideswipe should have it!).

I just liked watching grimlock run at the start! Nearly woke my kids up I was laughing that hard hahahaha

Either Grimlock is one damn fast Dinobot, or those other Autobots were stuck in 2nd gear, cos the top speed of a T-Rex is about 30km/h.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Either Grimlock is one damn fast Dinobot, or those other Autobots were stuck in 2nd gear, cos the top speed of a T-Rex is about 30km/h.
    As you say, he's a Dinobot, not a T-rex... so just like other Transformers from the futuristic alien world of Cybertron, the alt-mode "disguise" doesn't dictate the performance of the bot inside.
    The alt-mode may provide some improved or reduced performance because of its size and external parts (rockets, wheels, limbs, etc), but it's replicating the visual characteristics of the object, not replicating its strength or speed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If only there were a jetpack (surely Sideswipe should have it!).
    Last edited by UltimateGalvatron; 26th October 2015 at 05:49 PM.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Can anyone who has played on multiple difficulty settings confirm or deny that the weapon drops are better are harder difficulties?

It's report writing time which means that I am unlikely to get more an 2 hours on a Saturday evening to play games for the next few weeks.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Good Game on the ABC did a review of the game last night. Bajo gave it a 3.5/5 and Hex gave it a 3/5.

Their main criticism of the game seemed to be that it was too easy on Easy and too hard on Medium. I've found it much harder on Medium and am using a lot of my med packs but don't think it's that bad considering a casual gamer like me is rocking along ok through it. But Bajo said that it's a must play for G1 fans and have to say that I agree

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Good Game on the ABC did a review of the game last night. Bajo gave it a 3.5/5 and Hex gave it a 3/5.
    That show is still going
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]