Page 25 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829303545 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

benben2142 Guest

Hey guys just wondering for encore ironhide, how do you guys know that the cardboard face is suppose to go on the chair, does it even say on the box flap can someone let me know, Goktimus do you know what the japanese writing says on the flap,translation! Because I would like to be certain.

benben2142 Guest

Cool

Hey guys can someone please tell me what reprolabels e-mail is because I would like to ask the a few questions.

Go to www.google.com and search for 'reprolabels'. It will be the first one on the list of results. From there, go to their main page and click on their requests link. Take a few moments to do a search before posting here and you won't have people getting upset over questions you can easily answer yourself.

We all know that:
    Autobots=Red emblem
    Decepticons=Purple emblem

but what about Maximals and Predacons?
    I've seen red and green for the Maximal emblem.
    Purple, yellow and blue for the Preds emblem.

What is the offical colouring of the emblems?

Very interesting Q. I've never noticed different colours, but will have a look. If it is in the comics or cartoon, it is probably just artist error on a detail that isn't as universally known like gen1 allegiance symbol colours.
    Originally, the packaging had green for Maximal and purple for Predacon. The toys themselves had no allegiance symbols painted or stickers on them until 2nd year, and those were rubsigns. When the toys had somethng coloured on them, it was on the Transmetal 2s around 97-98, and they were Spark Crystals (coloured sphere with allegiance symbol inside). And the Spark Crystals seemed to follow the colours of the packaging - green for Maximal, purple for Predacon. There was one exception - Tigahawk had a gold Maximal symbol painted on the chest, but could be just to represent the regal 'emissary' status of the character.
    The Japanese though stuck to the original red 'good guys' and purple 'bad guys' colouring of allegiance symbols during their beast era - which isn't too surprising since they appeared to continue calling them Cybertrons and Destrons/Destrongers (their Gen1 allegiances).
    Beast Machines got a bit undisiplined, with the Maximal Spark Crystals being done in at least 2 colours - green and orange.
    And to add to the confusion, the Anniversary Beast Wars figures had painted on them red Maximal symbols and purple Predacon symbols.

'Officially', I would say green for Maximal, purple for Predacon, but eventually red became just as 'official' for Maximal.

Was there anywhere in particular you saw the yellow and blue Predacon symbols?

I think it was RID that had a blue pred symbol, maybe. As for the yellow pred, I remember seeing it in the BW show, as map markers for preds (3D holo-map thingos)

Car Robot/RiD had purple Predacon insignias (Spark Crystals). The Combaticons had black insignias - which of course were inverted late G1/G2 Autobot insignias, which I think is totally wicked as it eludes to the fact that the Combaticons are corrupted Autobot protoforms with equally corrupted insignias which also serve as direct insults to the Autobots (as an inverted crucifix is arguably perceived as offensive to some Christians(depending on the context)). The RiD Decepticons' insignias were purple (stickers).

Do transformers age? I mean in the sense that once their spark is given birth to do they start in a smaller form and grow bigger or are they from day 1 in the cybertronian form that they're given?

And that brings me to the 2nd question of can transformers body build, workout? An upgrade is explainable but it doesn't show any sense of personal endeavour. So I'm wondering if there have been instances of Transformers improving themselves purely by working out and getting themselves beefier?

Not really simple questions there STL!

I think you'll find most Transformers are shown to increase size through modifications/upgrades rather than age or exercise. Most depictions of newborn Transformers (via any of the methods) show them starting out "full size", except in fanfic where babies and kids Transformers can be found.