Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New MOTUC @ Power-Con!

Default New MOTUC @ Power-Con!

Stinkor - He will have two heads, the Beastman body and WILL stink!

Slushhead - He will have a removable dome so you can fill it with water!

Griffin - Beastman’s winged beasts from the 200x era.

Mighty Spector - Heroic Master of Time Travel, designed by Toy Guru

And more - White Sorceress, Snake Mountain Stands, Thunder Punch He-Man, Star Sisters from The Fwoosh - here and here

I'm really liking Slushhead!
    I have a feeling i will be tracking down an Optikk soon... since i'm highly anticipating Icarius and now Slush Head from New Adventures!

MAJOR FANGASM! STINKOOOOR!

I am gonna buy 8!

Slushhead looks like fun.

Spector? Meh, looks like a DC character.

Still not tmepting enough to get the subscription though, even with the threat of price rises...

My views:

Stinkor - Brilliant! A must have. This sort of release is what makes me happy to continue collecting this line.

Slush Head - Never seen NA so I don't know much about this character but he looks well sculpted and a decent enough action figure. I may not know the character but I can say that this figure looks really good.

Griffin - A fine looking beast! I didn't expect it and probably wouldn't have asked for it but it does look awesome enough to get.

Temple of Darkness Sorceress - She look like a nice variant but it isn't a must have for me. Although I wouldn't mind the orb stand.

Snake Mountain stands - They look fantastic! About time too. I hope you can join them together like the Grayskull ones.

The reveals above have gotten me a step closer in gaining enough confidence in Mattel MOTUC releases to buy a sub for next year. I hope the level design quality remains the same and we don't go back to vintage heads or 'WTF?' characters...oh wait...

The Mighty Spector - Now this sort of thing is why I am hesitant to buy the 30th and 2012 sub for next year. I am sure that thing would never sell in the after market at cost and I fear that we may end up with more stuff like that in the unannounced months or worst if I get the sub.

Enough hatred has been said about Spector at He-Man.org but to me, it sounds more like Toyguru injecting his own bad fan-fic into the line again.

This guy may become MOTU's 'Drift' character minus any redeeming features (at least Drift had a decent toy).

More Pics:

Toyguru's failed childhood 'design a character' competition entry that did not win back then but got made anyways:

I don't care enough about Toyguru to partake in the hate, but that is indeed one of the stupidest looking figures i've ever seen, and wont be coming near my collection! Here's hoping the other 30th anniversary figs are closer to Draego man than Spector!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I don't care enough about Toyguru to partake in the hate, but that is indeed one of the stupidest looking figures i've ever seen, and wont be coming near my collection! Here's hoping the other 30th anniversary figs are closer to Draego man than Spector!
    They have already announced 3 of 6 figures and only one has received praise, the other is 'meh' and the third (Spector) has received so much hate in the He-Man.org board that it's probably close to breaking some sort of record.

I don't see the point in hating on Toyguru for the Mighty Spector, I mean, it's as if one of Deadshot's costumes got mixed in with the wrong colours, but In his position, I'd probably abuse my postion to get a figure I've always wanted to be made into MOTUC.

Oh and OMG Stinkor and Thunder-Punch He-Man!! Toys I had as a kid and love seeing in classics form.

bowspearer Guest

So far of my fave 3 MOTU characters, the Classics line has now managed to butcher 2 of them, with Stinkor being a 200X bastard child, much like Sy-Klone was. So glad I have the vintage version sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    So far of my fave 3 MOTU characters, the Classics line has now managed to butcher 2 of them, with Stinkor being a 200X bastard child, much like Sy-Klone was. So glad I have the vintage version sealed.
    Hator!

I personally would hate if we get more vintage headed toys. A blend of 'classic' and 200x style is the way to go for me.

Anyways, Stinkor is still very vintage looking, specially with the Mer-Man head so I don't see the 'butchering'. I don't understand your position on Sy-Klone, he couldn't have turned out more vintage.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Hator!
    I prefer "pro-'why reinvent the wheel?'" myself

I personally would hate if we get more vintage headed toys. A blend of 'classic' and 200x style is the way to go for me.

Anyways, Stinkor is still very vintage looking, specially with the Mer-Man head so I don't see the 'butchering'.
    To a point. Whiplash is one thing, and I had no problem with things being interchangable between both versions on him. Seriously though, why the hell does Stinkorr need an air tank and respirator (yes I've seen the origin episode, I just think the concept is ludicrous)? It was a moronic concept in the early-mid previous decade when it showed up in the 200x line, and it's aged more like rotting vegetables than good quality fermented grapes in the intervening years since then.

I don't understand your position on Sy-Klone, he couldn't have turned out more vintage.
    You mean besides the giant disc on his back (I couldn't care less how removable it is )