Thread: MISB Dirge on Ebay Help

Default MISB Dirge on Ebay Help

Is this legit??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251487599...84.m1423.l2649

The main reason i ask is because of the 'Ages 7 and up' found at the bottom left hand corner of the box. All other Dirges i have found state 'Ages 5 and up'.
    At first i though it to be a Chinese Reissue but i cant find any reference to a Dirge being reissued only Ramjet and Starscream. Any ideas.

Well, the seeker mould has not been knocked off, so you're probably good there. There is the question of a repro box as well.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Well, the seeker mould has not been knocked off, so you're probably good there. There is the question of a repro box as well.
    True, but the tape on the sides is really old as is the price sticker.

See this thread for the same query about age ranges: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17715

It's not a Chinese reissue. That's a 1986 Dirge, the one that came with Cyclonus and Scourge. I guess the recommended age for Seekers went up that year - maybe because of choking hazards? Does anyone remember when Dirges were $3.95 at Franklins? $300 is a lot of money too, considering one can still get a Dirge reissue for about $40.

Ive now found lots of Dirges on Ebay with the 'Ages 7 and up' so im no longer concerned there. BUT, all of them have the serial 5985/5785 and this one has 5985/5784?? I cant find another one with this.

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Ive now found lots of Dirges on Ebay with the 'Ages 7 and up' so im no longer concerned there. BUT, all of them have the serial 5985/5785 and this one has 5985/5784?? I cant find another one with this.
    From memory, I think 5985/5784 means (confusingly) it was the final US version of Dirge released, and he was only one per case, so there might not be too many on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Does anyone remember when Dirges were $3.95 at Franklins?
    Haha that would have been a clearance price. Back then Seekers were in the $23-25 price range.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister