Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which stores best? RobotKingdom, BBTS, TfSource?

Default Which stores best? RobotKingdom, BBTS, TfSource?

Hey peoples! New to the forum & just interested on what everyones thoughts on which website is best for purchasing masterpiece transformers & time frame ie. shipping etc...

I quite like BBTS. They tend to have everything but they're pretty pricy and do drag their feet on preorders. But for south east asian or Japanese market items it's usually cheaper to go with Robotkingdom or chimungmung or you'll be paying for freight to the US and then shipping from the US.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

BBTS is brilliant. They have the POL system. And ship everything promptly. Never had a drama. Website is good to navigate also.
    Robotkingdom and Chimungmung is a totally different story. Slow shipping, cancelling orders, bad customer service.

For the Japanese releases I always go with HLJ.com, but you have to get in early before the preorders close.

Thankz guys, much appreciated!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    For the Japanese releases I always go with HLJ.com, but you have to get in early before the preorders close.
    Used to like them as first choice, but they are not fair in releasing hot items.
    What I mean here is they do not list the items fairly for everyone to pre-order and sometimes they are went un-noticed. They also do not notify people if they have stocks available.

Great ordering system but not good when you are trying for an hot item.

Been using Robot Kingdom for about 10 years now and never had an issue with them so I'm unlikely to change. I did however give BBTS a shot earlier this year and my first experience was a bad one. I'll stick with what I know.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

BBTS
    I use them for the everyday lines like Generations, Beast Hunters, Star Wars, you name it.
    Their Pile of Loot & preorder system (no payment up front) have made them my go to website. Their customer service is also the best that i have dealt with. They do tend to lag a bit for preorders sometimes, but when you're not in a rush like i am, it's not an issue.

Robotkingdom
    I used to use them quite frequently a while back, but now i limit myself to select items. No Pile of Loot & an upfront preorder payment means i have to be more selective with purchases. Ive found them quite good when dealing with any issues.

HLJ
    My go to source now for MP's. 60 Private Warehouse & a no payment preorder plan works for me. They send you weekly updates on your order, but keep in mind that you have to get in quick when an item is listed

AmiAmi
    I dont even bother. They can't even update their pages fully to let you know if items are in or out of stock

Chimungmung
    I haven't purchased anything yet, but from the feedback on the board, Tony has a lot of happy customers

Ones I use in order of most to least.

- Amazon US. Cheapest for shipping, but not for the Mint Packaging collectors.

- BBTS. Cheapest for American TFs, and the POL is useful. Quick and easy to get something fixed when it goes wrong.

- Ehobbybaseshop. My current source for JP and HK items. Prices and shipping close to Robotkingdom (whom I refuse to use due to poor customer service, and ignoring queries about faulty items).

- HLJ. Haven't used for a while, but they were good when needed.

- Hasbro US store (via shipping-forwarder). Rarely use now that Amazon ship to here, but still a useful backup option.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

nippon-yasan.com

Cheapest pre-orders, pay later for pre orders and various shipping options. Faster and cheaper compared to the US stores because they're geographically closer.

Shop around ebay and dont be confined to the one store.