Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253040 ... LastLast

Thread: September Acquisitions

In Breads defence, I've skipped lunch more than once for a TF. Instead I grabbed somethin' from home like a couple of apples and a few pieces of cheese and biscuits just so as to avoid wasting money on lunch.

Besides, with the way I'm looking these days, I could probably skip 2 or 3 lunches and it'd be a good thing.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Its not lunches you should skip STL, its your sweet tooth for lollies and junk food stuff
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

hahaha....nicely said and fantastic lot liege!
    *drooling over here*

Skipping meals can actually lead to weight gain rather than loss.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    Its not lunches you should skip STL, its your sweet tooth for lollies and junk food stuff
    +1 Listen to our resident medic!

Speaking of which, I'm insanely jealous of your Snarler!! (he's the only member of the Decepticon Mayhem Attack Squad II whom I don't have! Baw!)

Got me Universe Prowl and Octane.

Prowl was the best of the lot, and will still need plenty of paint app touchups when I open him up over the weekend.

Octane was a disappointment. I love the mold, and the figure design, but I have never had such a bad figure, quality wise. The plastic near the rear pins already looks stressed and feels brittle, there are rough edges all over the plastic, paint apps are very poorly done, and to top it off, the right leg will not extend, meaning that I have to leave Octane knee-less. I'm going to take the leg apart to try and fix it, but if that fails, he will be my first (and it seems not last) return.

Unlike the original Classics, the Universe figures released thus far have felt almost like KO's in terms of quality and paint apps.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

congrats on the haul, Liege.... i see why you had to held back now

Very nice haul LiegePrime, "got a proper Trypticon" does this mean you might have a Gigastorm to sell me ?, I better PM ya

I got these from hanprimus on Wed
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks
    Unlike the original Classics, the Universe figures released thus far have felt almost like KO's in terms of quality and paint apps.
    I agree... and hence why I'm getting Henkei instead.

Picked up from the mailbox today, JP BW Randy (Razorbeast recolour). And, JP limited edition Police Type (Patrol) Gasket. This was a toy given to the first 20 people at TRU stores in Japan who spent over a certain amount on TFs. Depending on how many TRU stores are in Japan, I can't imagine there being too many of this figure out there. So when I stumbled on it on ebay, I expected it to go for a fair bit. As such, I just put in about $40 (not expecting to get it at all), and got it for $31 (no one placed a bid after me), which actually caught me by surprise. It's like bidding on something you don't want, and then having to find a way to pay for it when you get it. At least in this case, I wanted the toy, even if it was never on my want list - I just saw it on ebay while browsing, and knew that I didn't have it. But also expected not to win, so never thought about budgetting for it. So for about US$50 with shipping, I got something I think is fairly rare (probably about 1000), and nice colourings too. Checking ebay since though, I see that it goes for $40-70, so maybe isn't all that rare, or in demand.
    Links to images of the toys, because I'm too lazy to take photos of my own toys...
    http://www.tfu.info/2005/Destron/Gasket/gasket.htm
    http://www.tfu.info/1999/Cybertron/Randy/randy.htm