Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bubble Trouble

Default Bubble Trouble

I have come to the sad conclusion that I will most probably have to throw away the bubbles on the backing cards for series like Beast Wars, Cybertron , Armada and Energon. I have limited room and storage space, I'm not 100% sure just yet as it grieves me to do this. I have spent all this time keeping my backing cards complete with bubbles. Has anyone else had to make a decision like this? If anyone has any storage suggestions so I don't have to do this please let me know.

bin the bubbles, keep the art if you like it, its not like you can box em back up so ditch the plastic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I have come to the sad conclusion that I will most probably have to throw away the bubbles on the backing cards for series like Beast Wars, Cybertron , Armada and Energon. I have limited room and storage space, I'm not 100% sure just yet as it grieves me to do this. I have spent all this time keeping my backing cards complete with bubbles. Has anyone else had to make a decision like this? If anyone has any storage suggestions so I don't have to do this please let me know.
    You're not alone, mate. I was talking about it with Paulbot and Iceburn the other day. I mean, I don't care about the boxes generally. The very few I have MISB are generally doubles that I must have. But I want to keep them in the case that I go 6 feet under and my family has some value in the estate to make back the money from my collecting.

If it were up to me, I'd personally throw them out.

I'm contemplating keeping just the boxes and folding them to conserve space so I can preserve some value. However, it's really tempting to throw a lot of it out. Stuff I'd keep is Botcon boxes, nice looking boxes and Japanese boxes b/c they're generally so much superior.

I still can't decide. At one point i figured it'd never be a problem seeing as my house is pretty huge. I had most of the garage and the cellar downstairs to myself. But I still ran out.

I throw out most of my Hasbro packages. Just remember to recycle!

I used to keep the bubbles but separated them from the packaging because then they usually stack together very well. But I got to the point like you did where they were too bulky and taking up too much space... so they went and now I just keep all the cardboard stuff (and that takes up enough space!)

Are the bubbles recycleable? There's no little Arrow symbol on the plastic so I just toss them. ???

Thanks for the replies everyone, now I just have to get up the courage to do it.

I am in the same boat too. I used to place them under my bed but that space has ran out. Now I am just stacking them in the corner...

I am very careful when opening toys (even card backs) so All of them can be placed back in their packaging and still look good.

I don't know why I do that but it could be that when I was a kid, I used to play with the boxes and inserts in the sense that I used to place a toy back in it's bubble and pretend that it was frozen in 'ice' and have the other toys come and free it.

I've opened up some of my toys, kept the bubbles initially but has now gone to saving space by throwing them away and just keeping the card backings. so yeah, you won't be alone in this

Ive always thrown out the bubbles, they take up too much space, crack and fade over time too.

I only keep the card backings now (used to cut them up for art and tech specs) and only keep the back of larger figures packaging (and artwork).

I have kept all my Japanese figures boxes and stuff intact, but I am already running out of room.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I never keep the bubbles - they just dont add anything to my collecting "experience". I do keep insert trays sometimes, usually Takara's (not some Hasbro).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister