Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: JP Legends Headmasters from Titans Return

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Yes... they look like the type of feet that can combine with something
    combine with what? i remember a powermaster optimus toy being around but i don't remember it joining with other toys. or do you mean the base mode thing? i know nothing about this era of cartoon so i dont know what the details are with these guys

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    combine with what? i remember a powermaster optimus toy being around but i don't remember it joining with other toys. or do you mean the base mode thing? i know nothing about this era of cartoon so i dont know what the details are with these guys
    Super Ginrai (Powermaster Prime) formed with another character called God Bomber to create a bigger robot called God Ginrai. Check out the figure on this link. Fans are hopeful of the extra figure coming in the future to create God Ginrai

http://tfu.info/1988/Cybertron/GodGinrai/godginrai.htm
    Last edited by 1AZRAEL1; 27th July 2016 at 12:51 PM.

thanks

Via TF Yuki:

Stock images of Brainstorm (via Anime Export):

From the various listings on Anime Export:

Via TF Yuki:

Soundwave, Laserbeak and Ravage all look fantastic, might try for them instead of Hasbro.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Seeing Brainstorm, I'm really glad I ordered the Hasbro version... It looks like a completely different character (Which I guess for owners of the voyager size one, isn't entirely a bad thing)

The TakaraTOMY version is going for Japanese show-accuracy, whereas the Hasbro version can afford to be more toy-accurate as Brainstorm was drawn more toy-accurately in the Anglophone cartoon and comics. Both versions make sense for their respective markets.

Although despite the IDW influence, I still find the Generations Voyager figure to have a more G1-accurate looking body, whereas the Titans Return mould is obviously reverse engineered from Blurr. The scale thing isn't an issue for me so I'm happy to skip this mould entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The TakaraTOMY version is going for Japanese show-accuracy, whereas the Hasbro version can afford to be more toy-accurate as Brainstorm was drawn more toy-accurately in the Anglophone cartoon and comics. Both versions make sense for their respective markets.

Although despite the IDW influence, I still find the Generations Voyager figure to have a more G1-accurate looking body, whereas the Titans Return mould is obviously reverse engineered from Blurr. The scale thing isn't an issue for me so I'm happy to skip this mould entirely.
    Good points there, I never really followed the Japanese continuity, but after checking tfwiki I see your point. Interesting that they didn't do this for their version of the Voyager release.

Good thing we're spoilt for choice