Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-31 - Masterpiece Delta Magnus (Diaclone coloured Ultra Magnus).

Default MP-31 - Masterpiece Delta Magnus (Diaclone coloured Ultra Magnus).

TFW is reporting TFSource has confirmation that MP-31 will be a diaclone coloured repaint of Ultra Magnus.

Hopefully that doesn't delay Monkey Primal.

Everyone already anticipated Primal as 31 yet Takara is still not confirming even with a colored prototype, so this is their reason.

It was suspected this redeco would appear. Looks good.

I'm kind of surprised it actually has its own number (MP31) as opposed to a suffix on MP22 (MP22D). The numbering 'convention' since MP10 has been that figures with remoulded parts get new numbers (Sideswipe MP12/Red Alert MP14, Wheeljack MP20/Exhaust MP23), while recolours are given suffix letters (Sideswipe MP12/Tigertrack MP12T, Starscream MP11/Skywarp MP11SW/Thundercracker MP11T), although this has been thrown out somewhat by G2 Sideswipe (MP-12G), Soundblaster (MP13B) and Ramjet (MP11NR).

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Everyone already anticipated Primal as 31 yet Takara is still not confirming even with a colored prototype, so this is their reason.
    To my knowledge, MP Optimus Primal's number hasn't been confirmed yet (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but colour images surfaced in the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    To my knowledge, MP Optimus Primal's number hasn't been confirmed yet (someone correct me if I'm wrong)...
    Yeah, Primal as MP-31 came from Hyper Hobby magazine, but Takara didn't confirm it, which is why at the recent Wonderfest, Primal was designated as MP-??:

My (completely unfounded) hope is that a new number would mean significant mold changes... and we'd get an actual homage to diaclone (and G1 toy) in the form of an MP10 blue cab and removable armor suit from the trailer. Partsforming? Sure, but I wouldn't mind in an homage figure.

However, the pictures don't seem to show that... but hey, here's hoping!

PS - for the record I truly admire the engineering that went into MP-22 and integrating the trailer without partsforming... but I would like to see something different here.

If only wishing made it so.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Not me, I remember seeing ?? Mp for primal and doesn't make sense to mix g1 with beast wars

Also this going to be Tokyo exclusive? Or global available?

This looks to be global.

With the wacky colours of the diaclone, kinda wished they gave us the repaint in "Killing Jar" colours:

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusNerd View Post
    My (completely unfounded) hope is that a new number would mean significant mold changes... and we'd get an actual homage to diaclone (and G1 toy) in the form of an MP10 blue cab and removable armor suit from the trailer. Partsforming? Sure, but I wouldn't mind in an homage figure.

However, the pictures don't seem to show that... but hey, here's hoping!

PS - for the record I truly admire the engineering that went into MP-22 and integrating the trailer without partsforming... but I would like to see something different here.

If only wishing made it so.
    If this isnt a straight repaint, they should have called him MP Powered Convoy.

But im excited by this! Maybe a shining magnus to follow...

You can't ever have enough Magnus, bring on the big guy!

PC has their listing up, set for 8pm QLD time!

Cost is AU$160, with August arrival date.