Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription 4 toys now being sent out (possible spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    So seibertron has posted pics of a factory leaked, "Botcon 2016" bagged CW deluxe and suggest it is the secret fig for 4.0

If it is, it is an easy choice, but I was hoping for a little more uk comic-y myself

Won't say who, but could easily have had a spot with Optimus or sky lynx
    Nice, but like Krayt mentioned, was kinda hoping for something different. At least another Con that hasn't had a toy before. Still, can't wait to have it in hand
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I want this, actually.

I mean it makes sense to have Bluestreak, his bio does include being the long survivor from an attack on his city (cant remember the name ATM) but I was really hoping for another Wrecker, Rotorstorm from Blades or Guzzle from Brawl would have been good.

It was one of the two most likely candidates... this is a link to the photos of this "mystery" toy.

Just got an email from TFCC... looks like the 5th shipment will be sent out at the end of July.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I mean it makes sense to have Bluestreak, his bio does include being the long survivor from an attack on his city (cant remember the name ATM) but I was really hoping for another Wrecker, Rotorstorm from Blades or Guzzle from Brawl would have been good.
    I was hoping they'd finish off the whole Mayhem guys with a Targetmaster Quake figure, retool/recolour from Brawl.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I was hoping they'd finish off the whole Mayhem guys with a Targetmaster Quake figure, retool/recolour from Brawl.
    When FunPub don't do something obvious, it usually means one of four things...
    - the mould is not available (shouldn't be the case with this one)
    - the toy doesn't fit in with a current set's theme (usually only the case for BotCon, so shouldn't apply here... but it might have been planned for later if they weren't ending this year)
    - the mould just doesn't pull off the homage enough after a few test shots (could be the case here)
    - Hasbro or TakaraTomy have one in the works, and will be out within the year (I believe GEN Doubledealer was one example of this, while the BotCon 2007 Seekers are an example of being allowed to do something that is not planned by Hasbro at that time)

I think if Hasbro aren't planning to do it, and FunPub weren't closing this year, we would have seen one from them probably next year. Not sure why it wasn't in the Subscription series 4 or 5, but I would imagine that it was on their wish list to Hasbro with the rest of the Mayhem team.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    So many people have wanted brawl to be quake, they have said several times that the mould wasn't available at the time the set was being created. There are a few posts about it out there, but I'd have to hunt them down

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    So many people have wanted brawl to be quake, they have said several times that the mould wasn't available at the time the set was being created. There are a few posts about it out there, but I'd have to hunt them down
    It sounds familiar, but I find it odd that it wasn't available, as they are using the Onslaught mould that came out at the same time.

But consider production runs..... They stopped using onslaught after the bruticus runs, but still needed brawl for Hasbro Nosecone....

Or maybe made at the same time as the Botcon sets.... So mould had ramhorn in it....