Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers: The Movie 30th Anniversay Edition

According to Shout! Factory, the new edition will feature:

• 4K resolution
    • A new documentary
    • Art and restoration featurettes
    • Both 1:33 and 1:85 versions
    • Original audio with 5.1 sound

There's also a discussion panel video from SDCC about the new edition, including some shots from the movie (courtesy of Seibertron).

interesting...might be actually tempted now

So, there is a new documentary/behind the scenes and a new commentary with Susan Blu among others.

I'm not fussed on the 4K idea, especially if it means the movie is spread across 2 discs, but I'll probably jump on this if it's released locally.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'm not fussed on the 4K idea, especially if it means the movie is spread across 2 discs, but I'll probably jump on this if it's released locally.
    I'm not sure whether Shout are releasing a 4k version (ie: UHD-BD) or are stating it's being mastered in 4k. Big difference, for the record.

Either way, if they release a 4k disc, it won't be split over two discs. It will be one 4k UHD-BD.

And it's likely not being released locally. Shout are US/CA only. You might see some of the features recycled but seeing as they produce a lot of stuff in house, you're not likely to see them outside of Shout releases.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I'm not sure whether Shout are releasing a 4k version (ie: UHD-BD) or are stating it's being mastered in 4k. Big difference, for the record.

Either way, if they release a 4k disc, it won't be split over two discs. It will be one 4k UHD-BD.

And it's likely not being released locally. Shout are US/CA only. You might see some of the features recycled but seeing as they produce a lot of stuff in house, you're not likely to see them outside of Shout releases.
    I just read the blurb again, there are two disks, one in full screen and one in wide screen both in the same release.
    my bad.

I see what you mean about the difference in mastered and released in 4K. I think I'll be happy with regular BR.

as for a release here, have we not previously had shout factory releases released as madman product? I thought we had (Prime on BR comes to mind). I would think that whoever has the license in Australia at the moment would see some profit in paying shout for their product and licensing it here. I hope this happens.

I just read the blurb again, there are two disks, one in full screen and one in wide screen both in the same release.
    my bad.

I see what you mean about the difference in mastered and released in 4K. I think I'll be happy with regular BR.

as for a release here, have we not previously had shout factory releases released as madman product? I thought we had (Prime on BR comes to mind). I would think that whoever has the license in Australia at the moment would see some profit in paying shout for their product and licensing it here. I hope this happens.
    Shout don't own the product (ie: the movie), they own the content they produce. The rest is licensed. For example, their sister label Scream Factory (horror releases) often licence whatever they can (such as the John Carpenter/Kurt Russell commentary and the "Terror Takes Shape" doco from the original laserdisc release for their upcoming The Thing BD) and then produce additional content.

They'll own the transfer (which they may possibly licence) but highly likely you won't see it in a market as small as Australia, especially when the current licence holder already has a transfer and a release here.

I would assume that Prime was licenced from the original rights holder, rather than whoever has licenced it for home video release.

Not guaranteeing I'm right, but I would suggest it's pretty minimal and worth ordering from the US rather than hoping.

Time for a 4K TV?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I don't have a region free Bluray player so there's little point having a locked disc.

I don't have a region free Bluray player so there's little point having a locked disc.
    Big W have a Laser player that is region changeable under $100, FYI. It's not bad at all.

is there a code or something you can put in with the remote? my dvd player had one back in the day. i guess i assumed they all do they just dont advertise it