Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Old Papercraft Transformers (SORRY, VERY VERY PIC HEAVY!!!)

AWESOME!!

Having seen these in person, the photos don't really do them justice. They are that awesome
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Thanks guys.

Sadly none of the other papercrafts from other toylines I made survived. I used to have a castle grayskull, a snake mountain (based on the cartoons) and that gobot doggie base. The gobots I made were of the same style basically, only smaller. As for the MOTU, those were flat hahahah. Kinda like those little dress me up paper dolls, but I dress em up in battle armor and weapons. I made some of the vehicles too for MOTU and Gi Joe using the harder craft papers. I also made Justice league flat figures, well, more like Superfriends line up hehehe. I guess in todays toylines it would be DCUC.

But overall, it's always been the paper Transformers that I played more with(as well did my neighbours). As such they got more "evolution" in their creation so to speak.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Amazing! Very impressive stuff.

I remember you talking about these in the past and maybe seeing the photos that Paulbot mentioned.

I can't get over the level of detail, and the methods you've used to make arms, weapons, head attachment, hands, the list goes on. The fact that you designed these from looking at the catalogues and toys in the shop is really impressive. I think this is one of the most creative things I've ever seen in relation to transformers.

I love how Blaster actually has a moving door and chest cavity for tapes. The fact that you made shockwave transformable is all that much more impressive.

Well worth cleaning up and putting on a display shelf, thank you so much for sharing.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Thanks for your patience in looking thru the pics guys hehehe,I did warn that it is quite pic heavy..

Well, my imagination back then was on overdrive, but while I was brushing off some layers of decades long dirt from these, I now see where I coulve improved on them had I continued making them, the next ones to improve would be the parts that usually get broken and have been repaired constantly, the connector strip for the arms to the shoulders. a lot of reinforcement so that they can somehow hold an arm up pose...I still wouldn't have given them knees though as they'd likely topple backwards hahaha

Both Blaster and Soundwave can open their respective chests for tapes storage. I used to make Soundwaves chest using old overexposed film so that they resemble the amber clear plastic of the original toy. But then, I keep running out of it when I have to remake a figure (cos it got broken). I forgot to take a pic of his collapsing hand - you can then insert some of the portable "weapons and gadgets" to it kinda like how he was being shown in the cartoons. Basically you just fold down the hand and since it's still attached at the bottom bit it stay down and then insert whatever tool to that arm socket. I've since lost those extra pieces.

I was just thinking, this is one Soundwave, Hursty's not gonna be having in his collection, unless I make him one hahahaha

Shockwave was an exciting one to figure out transformation wise, since my next door neighbour had a Shackwave (hence the Thorp and Magnoid sound effects hehehe) from which I based it from. using paper thick strips to hold in place (dual purpose) the backpack and the now missing gun barrel occurred to me IIRC while I was trying to figure out how to keep the gun cannon from bending downwards due to the elbows of the arms pushing.

I did have a transformable Starscream as well, but he was quite a lot of work and I didn't like loosing some parts. I wanted it all intact or storeable with the figure. So when I was able to fiddle with one on display at the bookstore, that's when I saw that the fists are removeable and the hands aren't exactly rectangular and where they fold into.... I made one - Starscream but found it quite tedious to make, so when that one figure got broken, I just went back to my base format when I did the new one. Trying to figure out how to flip the cockpit and hide the head was a real brain fryer for a kid ( still is for adult me hahaha) plus making a curving nosecone that was acceptable was really hard, needless to say he ended up with a somewhat squarish cockpit and then a nosecone stuck to it...not pretty to look at. Not "sleek".

Im glad you liked it UM seeing as how you are one who usually looks at engineering and stuff like that in toys
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

mate, you could take these designs and produce a licenced papercraft book if you felt so inclined.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    mate, you could take these designs and produce a licenced papercraft book if you felt so inclined.
    Well, I wouldn't know how to go about such (and couldn't be bothered TBH hahahah - lazy bugger)
    Someone did in the Phils, I forgot what they were called, Foldabots I think, but they sold with them kiddie play books you find in newsagents. he didn't use Transformers though more like robot designs of his own. But this was like within less than ten years ago. I was already here when those came out.

holy crap those are awesome haha!!

Thanks philby.