Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Old Papercraft Transformers (SORRY, VERY VERY PIC HEAVY!!!)

Default My Old Papercraft Transformers (SORRY, VERY VERY PIC HEAVY!!!)

I believe I've posted a picture of these before. But as I've recently got back from holidays , I had the chance to take more close up pics of my old creations.

Back in the days 1985 onwards.... it was quite expensive to buy TFs ( it still is). The few ones I started with, I didn't want to play much for fear of it getting broken and I wouldn't be able to get a new one. I was afraid that the neighbourhood kids played a bit too rough with toys and parts can be easily lost. Back then we ( the neighbors kids and me) would pool our TFs and then simulate play battles... of course that's when things get broken or lost. I also wanted more, most if not all the characters I see on TV. BUt then again, monetarial constraints prove to be one big wedge to that dream. SO, not enough money, don't want your toys broken, what'sa kid to do... answer... MAKE YOUR OWN... So I did!!

The first incarnations of these were made from white bond paper and then colored with crayons buffed to smoothness, needless to say I graduated from that quick coz it was tedious and moved to harder craft paper and colored with markers, which to my mum and bros dismay as it was expensive buying a lot of markers....the final evolution so to speak was using colored craft paper, that way I don't have to use a lot of markers... just panel lining using ballpens. I used old G1 catalogues, a magnifying glass tof igure some of the details as the pics were tiny at times. The other stuff I couldn't figure out, well I just went to have a look at the local bookstore where they have a loose display that I can scrutinize closely if it was a detail or a decal...also how and what does what and which goes where.... Thanks to my good friends patience he was able to rescue these from our old house that we left behind and gave them to me last year... I semi cleaned some of them and took a couple of shots, they're quite dilapidated now, but at least Ive finally got them a good display case as well.. a glass one at that...a far cry to how they were stored before...sorry for the long history blahblah hehehe These ones that survived are made during the G2 era...yes Ive been making them since Gade school till college.

This was an old pic of the iterations using white cartolina paper and markers, needelss to say it did not survive ... I think you can make out Galvatron and Powermaster prime there...

AND FINALLY, I have them all on display in my bedroom in my mum's new house. safe in glass shelvings which is at the third floor of the house so safe from storms and floods as well..

Thanks for your patience in viewing.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Those are pretty awesome dude
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Man, those are amazing!

Those are really great, worthy of a shelf space.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

thanks guys
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I recall you posting some pics of these before, but the up close look at these lets us see what a great job you did with these. Really ingenious and creative stuff here.

Thanks Paulbot.
    Yeah I did, those earlier pics were taken by my friend when he informed me he got them back, well most of what's left... I just copypasted those he sent via facebook, this time around I got to take pics for myself. I tried to clean up as much as I can, lord knows there's more than a decade of dust on each one so it's still dingy looking after a little brush up. heheh ;P

very impressive for a kid to create , some look cartoon accurate
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

These are fantastically detailed and hiiighly skilful. I would draw what I did not have but this is epic. I had never heard of paper craft until a few years ago.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose