• No

0 0%
  • Only if

2 3.92%
  • Zero Interest

1 1.96%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Toy Review - MP-17 Masterpiece Prowl

I trust you've seen my comparison pics. BTs are just as articulated as MPs. The most significant articulation improvement on the MPs would be the additional swivel joint in the upper arm. However the MPs don't have a separately articulated trigger finger or toes like BT Smokescreen and Bluestreak do (though BT Prowl doesn't have the toe articulation). Another thing that the MPs have done better is to use flexible rubber wing mirrors which are more resistant to snapping off than on the BTs (especially Prowl), although the plastic wing mirrors do allow for greater detail. And again, remember that BTs are notably cheaper than the MPs at full RRP. So it's not just about the BTs being "hands down better" than the MPs, but more about being better value. And don't forget that the MPs have 10 years' worth of more advanced engineering too, so you would expect them to be better than the BTs. The MP Nissans are very nice toys, don't get me wrong... but for example, MP Smokescreen today hasn't blown me away like BT Smokescreen did back in 2003.

Don't forget the ankle articulation. You can get some really dynamic action poses with the MP Datsuns.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I trust you've seen my comparison pics. BTs are just as articulated as MPs. The most significant articulation improvement on the MPs would be the additional swivel joint in the upper arm. However the MPs don't have a separately articulated trigger finger or toes like BT Smokescreen and Bluestreak do (though BT Prowl doesn't have the toe articulation). Another thing that the MPs have done better is to use flexible rubber wing mirrors which are more resistant to snapping off than on the BTs (especially Prowl), although the plastic wing mirrors do allow for greater detail. And again, remember that BTs are notably cheaper than the MPs at full RRP. So it's not just about the BTs being "hands down better" than the MPs, but more about being better value. And don't forget that the MPs have 10 years' worth of more advanced engineering too, so you would expect them to be better than the BTs. The MP Nissans are very nice toys, don't get me wrong... but for example, MP Smokescreen today hasn't blown me away like BT Smokescreen did back in 2003.

Opened up my Prowl tonight. Am infinitely more impressed with this mould than the Lambor/Alert one. Really looks great, good posability and an intuitive transformation. Truly a worthy addition to the Prowl ranks

I wish these MP's were just a smidge smaller so I could use them to replace the dodgy/ugly classics Prowl.

Yes, I know I'm in the minority for wanting these to be smaller.

Looking at dirge's pics of Hasbro's MP Prowl, the toy appears to be identical to the TakaraTOMY version. I don't suppose anyone here is going to buy both the TakTOM and HAS versions. But if two people with one version each happen to have the chance to meet up, I'd appreciate seeing a proper side by side comparison pic.

In the meantime, I've just attached a photo of my TakTOM MP Prowl next to dirge's pic of his MP Prowl. The colour of the indicator lights, red head crest and crotch triangle appear to be brighter on the Hasbro version, but it could very well just be due to differences in photographic conditions (e.g. different cameras, lighting etc.) -- that's why I prefer proper side by side comparisons that are taken with the same camera and conditions.