5 16.13%
  • no

3 9.68%
  • wait for takara version.

3 9.68%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Age of Extinction voyager Evasion mode Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've just been having so much fun with this toy for the past 3 days! More piccies.
    What's going on in that last one, is he the Amazing Spider-Prime now?

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    It's like Thelma and Louise only better
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

This would of looked so much nicer if they stuck to the colours on the photo that is on the back of the Voyager box. He has red and grey arms and a grey stripe just under the windows on the robot chest.

Yeah, the rather lacklustre paint job is a big let down on this toy.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGrimlock View Post
    I got mine yesterday, really good. Only problem is mine has a really loose right arm elbow joint. The joints been designed so well I have no idea how to take it apart to tighten it :/
    Edit: Problem fixed, I used some thin red sewing string of the same color and wound it into the joint, tied a knot and bam tighter joint and you cant even see the string and didnt have to take the arm apart. Might be a useful tip if anyone else has the same problem.
    I have the same issue with mine too, actually. Apparently clear nail polish can work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Does whatever a Spider-Prime does.

Does anyone have a DOTM Voyager Megatron and this Evasion Optimus both in their truck modes? I'm interested to see how they scale up.

Megatron is smaller than Optimus Prime. DotM Voyager Megatron is kinda "Motormaster-esque" in that the robot incorporates both the cab and the trailer all in one (the cab forms the upper half of the robot, while the trailer forms the lower half), so the result is a smaller scaled truck mode. Optimus Prime is only the truck-cab, so the vehicle is a larger scale. I can post a side-by-side comparison pic later if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Megatron is smaller than Optimus Prime. DotM Voyager Megatron is kinda "Motormaster-esque" in that the robot incorporates both the cab and the trailer all in one (the cab forms the upper half of the robot, while the trailer forms the lower half), so the result is a smaller scaled truck mode. Optimus Prime is only the truck-cab, so the vehicle is a larger scale. I can post a side-by-side comparison pic later if you like.
    Yeah I thought that be the case. Not to worry.

It looks so good in vehicle mode that I'm disappointed that robot mode makes me want to vomit.

The Evolution Pack version looks to have a better paint job than the original. I'd recommend waiting for that version over the original... shouldn't be too hard to offload the Classics Optimus Prime repaint (or offload your original Classics Prime and keep the repaint ).

I voted "totally worth it!!!!!!"

Well, I honestly can't remember the last time I walked into an Australian retail store and came out with a Transformer I genuinely feel excited about. I also can't remember the last time I posted anything on OTCA either but that's neither here nor there. I was going to buy a few others but I thought nope, this is the one and I'm going to savour him.

Based purely on looks, this is one glorious bot. The proportions in both modes are spot on in my eyes and the level of detail is just superb. I thought he looked a tad bland online but once in hand, he looks great! I much prefer this version to the new one shown in the two-pack as the colours here are more G1, he's visorless and there is no Hasbro grey. The new version looks a bit cheap to me. *shrugs*

The transformation wasn't a highlight for me and now that I've got him back into robot mode, I'm not compelled to transform him again. By comparison, I bought Slug yesterday and can't put him down! As good as the cab mode is, the robot mode is where this toy shines for me. I've always digged the ILM visorless Prime design, and you get to see it in fine form on this little beauty.

The plastic is glossy and the colours look fantastic, granted there isn't a lot of extra detailing in terms of bringing out the lights, hubcaps etc but what is there looks damn good. I'd say the overall quality is on par with FE Prime which I was super surprised (and relieved) to see. Nothing looks cheap, washed out or transparent (other than the glass ) on this toy.

I could rattle on but I'll finish by recommending this fella as one of the coolest recent Prime's of any size class. You need this toy in your life!